Siemens Global Business Services, Opportunity to Cash (O2C) organization is looking to strengthen our team with a forward thinking and process driven accounting professional to join our Business Excellence / AR team. This group supports and guides the functions of Credit, Collection, Customer Administration and Cash Application in their daily activities striving for business excellence.
You will support the dispute resolution function within the Accounts Receivable team, and work closely with the Credit & Collection teams as well as internal customers on AR related topics. Primary responsibilities will include deduction research & resolution, credit memo processing, AR reporting and collaborating with internal customers & Global Business Services tax teams. Other responsibilities include:
- Researching tax database for applicable documentation
- Submitting documents into workflow tool for approval from Tax teams
- Contacting customers to request appropriate tax exemption documentation
- Work with customer service teams to resolve customer disputes
- Perform daily monitoring of work queue to ensure timely clearing of customer disputes
- Coordinating with Collection teams to charge-back customers
- Provide cash application governance for Industry customers, and support related AR projects
- Prepare ad hoc reporting as required
- Support AR manager in various reporting & analysis capacities
- Knowledge of accounts receivable and cash application processes
- Strong analytical & communication skills
- Solid problem solving capabilities and high attention to detail
- SAP knowledge required
- Efficiency in Microsoft Excel required
- Bachelor's degree preferred, although candidates with a combination of education (an Associate degree is a minimum requirement) and related experience will also be considered.
- Accounting candidates with a BS/BS must have intern experience to 1 year of accounting experience and candidates with an Associate degree must have 3 plus years of accounting experience
- Sales and Use Tax knowledge preferred
- 5% travel is expected
Organization: Global Business Services
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.