We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds making real what matters for the future, one day at a time in 190+ countries.
We leverage our powerful ecosystem of leading external and internal partners and our network of key delivery centers. We believe in the value of industry best-practice standards achieved through evolving technology and digitalization. We focus on employee experience as a key driver of our actions. In doing so, we deliver flexibility, quality and efficiency for the businesses we partner with.
In Taxes, our aim is to ensure tax compliance, optimize tax positions and support business. We act as an advisor and a partner to Operating Businesses and Group Companies.
This is your role. What part will you play?
- You will be working in an international team of tax professionals. Also, will be specializing in Asia Pacific region with a focus on South Asia.
- You will be responsible for advising on cross border business in a tax efficient way in consideration of the country strategy, evaluate tax risks and tax consequences for the whole project and prevent the incurrence of avoidable taxes, check critical tender conditions, consult with respect to all taxes applicable for the project (indirect taxes, CIT / WHT, etc.) and advise on transfer pricing issues, where necessary
- You will be working with the latest tax technology tools including those developed in-house and be able to contribute to its development.
- You will be responsible to review tax returns and assessment notices, communicate with tax authorities, organize appeals, support tax audits, coordinate with external tax advisors and support and approve tax advisor selection,
- You will be involved in identify tax saving opportunities, check withholding tax return process, approve withholding tax refunds, advise on requirement of input from other functions (Finance, HR, Legal) and prepare tax related guidelines.
- You bring professional experience of at least 5 - 7 years and have an aptitude for providing solutions to vexed tax issues.
- You should be a Chartered Accountant or any other qualified professional with relevant work experience of minimum 2 years.
- You should have experience in International tax advisory and compliance
- You should have knowledge of ongoing OECD / BEPS developments and digital economy/ Digital Services Tax.
- You are open to use technology as a primary driver to deliver tax solutions.
- You are communicative, enjoy work responsibilities, fulfil commitments and back your abilities to deliver in an uncertain external environment.
This role is based in Mumbai Worli. While we do our work and collaborate online as far as possible you may have opportunities to travel.
Last but not the least. we're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Controlling and Finance
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time