If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2019, which ended on September 30, 2019, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €8.9 billion and had around 36,800 employees worldwide.
At the Electrification segment we are part of Siemens Mobility Rail Infrastructure. We are the leading provider of reliable and intelligent power supply solutions for an environmental friendly infrastructure in mass transit and main line as well as e-highway systems.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
At our department for System Engineering and Integration we are investigating all relevant issues that are necessary for supplying electric railways with power. This is a special area of power distribution, which also includes the protection of the electrification system’s components.
With your master’s thesis on the subject of "Protection for traction power systems" you will get insights to current state of the art protection and contribute to fundamental research for enhanced protection functionality. As part of your work, you will focus on the following in detail:
- You collect traces of protection devices and evaluate them.
- You will define categories to classify protection events and establish a corresponding system of fault messages.
- You will also develop algorithms for automated classification of fault messages.
- You extract additional information from traces and present it to your colleagues.
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
- You are studying electrical engineering, ideally with a focus on power engineering.
- You are confident in using the MS Office package. It is also an advantage if you have already worked with Matlab.
- Ideally, you already have experience from an internship or a working student job in a similar field.
- You fluently speak German or English.
Getting in touch with us – straightforward and direct
if you would like to find out more about Siemens before applying.
+49 (9131) 17 52430
if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Nina Fürst.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility GmbH
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Part-time