Can you help us shape the future? We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow.
Join our manufacturing team as Welder to help us provide quality products that make a difference. In this role you will perform x-ray quality, maintenance and salvage welding. You will become a member of the local union and assigned to work on 2nd shift at our Olean, New York facility.
What are your responsibilities?
- Weld bases, sole plates, racks, panels, bearing supports etc.
- Perform a structural welding as required.
- Understand welding techniques particularly for welding thick and thin sections together and be proficient in electrical or oxyacetylene welding, tungsten inert gas welding, mig welding, fluxcore, brazing, silver soldering, shrinking, or sweating.
- Layout work as necessary.
- Must pass company administered tests to qualify to the level necessary to meet product and customer specifications
- Regulate voltage, amperage, wire feed to correspond to the positioner speed according to the size of the fillet or weld desire and WPS
- Use jib crane, pendant controlled or radio-controlled bridge cranes to lift and move heavy parts.
- Dye check and magnetic particle testing of welds. Stamp with personal mark
What will you need to qualify for this role?
- Certificate of completion of a welding training program or equivalent experience
- Must pass welding tests administered by the Company
- Candidates must achieve a passing score on the TABE test issued at One Stop. Call 716-373-1880 to schedule an appointment.
- HS Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds on a regular basis throughout the day.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand Company
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.