Change the future with us.
Our Sales experts are the eyes and ears of our customers. They do not wait; they take the initiative. They transform “That sounds interesting!” into actual contracts, paving the way for new avenues of business. Join our team and we will give you the latest knowledge and independence for autonomous action and decision-making, helping you become a trusted partner in customer relationships.
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the worlds most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018 and Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019.
What is this Opportunity?
SIEMENS Smart Infrastructure is seeking a confident and self-motivated technical sales professional to grow our Mechanical Services business in the Vancouver area in vertical markets such as Healthcare, Corporate Real Estate, Data Centers, K-12, Universities, Federal, and Provincial facilities. Using your technical and financial expertise, along with your critical thinking and negotiation skills, you will help tailor our customer’s needs into winning solutions, for direct end-user service market. Are you driven to succeed? With our NO CAP COMMISSION STRUCTURE, this will allow you to grow your accounts as much as you want…the sky’s the limit! Siemens new “Ready To Sell” Development Program: A structured sales development program that provides new sales hires with a one-year plan for learning about the products, processes, and people that will help them achieve their performance targets in the least amount of time.
What will you do?
- Develop a vertical market(s) and geographic account management with a strategic growth plan.
- Attend industry specific networking events and actively participate in organizations as a representative for SIEMENS in the electrical service market.
- Educate the market and customers on SIEMENS mechanical service capabilities and identify opportunities to address customer needs with SIEMENS solutions and services.
- Develop and maintain a qualified funnel of mechanical service opportunities.
- Deliver on forecasted results consistently.
- Be capable of estimating and proposing mechanical service agreements and HVAC retrofit projects.
- Position Siemens as an industry leader among service providers and position service as a key Siemens differentiator to customers and prospects [Prospects and customers would include new and existing Siemens installations and installations of 3rd party automation, electrical, fire and mechanical products and solutions].
- Work jointly with the multiple levels of the customer’s organization to understand and document their business goals and how success is measured. Align the customers objectives with services to ensure that their building system performs as required to achieve their business goals.
- Develop value-based sales proposals, estimates, specifications, and presentations. Work with operations, finance, legal and other inside and outside resources as needed to complete a compelling proposal and close the sale.
- Follow through on sold projects to ensure satisfactory completion. Ensure a smooth “sales to operations” turnover and monitor progress.
- Assist in resolving collections and other customer satisfaction issues as needed.
- Stay involved with the customer to grow the Service Agreement when renewed by proposing additional customer valued services from the comprehensive Siemens portfolio.
What will you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering desired, although candidates with 10+ years of HVAC industry experience will also be considered.
- 2+ years experience in technical sales, business development, or consulting within the HVAC industry.
- Experience in other industries such as Building Automation, Fire Alarm, Security, and Energy Efficiency is a plus.
- Knowledge of and strong networking relationships within the local building market such as building owners, maintenance contractors, and mechanical industry subcontractors is strongly desired.
- Knowledge and experience utilizing SPIN selling and the Challenger Sales Model strongly preferred.
- Must be willing and available to travel 5% overnight for training and business development.
- Must possess a valid, clean Driver's license in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle program.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure, Gas & Power, and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $565,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 50 non-profit organizations and planted 1,850 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada generates $2.2B in sales with 4,800 employees. Join our team of approximately 377,000 talented professionals in more than 200 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.