Sr. Site Installation Technician - Fire/Life Safety Systems – Baltimore, MD Metropolitan Area
Our contributions sometimes aren’t very apparent – but our innovations have made history. The Siemens Smart Infrastructure Division is searching for a dynamic Field Installation Technician to coordinate, manage and implement and/or perform new equipment installation, equipment or repairs of Commercial Building Fire/Life Safety Systems. Are you looking to join a team where you will make an impact directly to the business? This is the opportunity for you. We will help you learn the business and product by working alongside our Engineering and Operations team. You will be the direct point person for all Sr. level jobs for our Siemens Building Fire Alarm projects. Are you ready to bring your experience to Siemens? If so, we want to see your resume today!
· Programming Siemens fire alarm systems.
· Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, and operational/product manuals
· Field device terminations
· Panel terminations
· Programming and testing of various low-voltage systems
· Responding to service calls for troubleshooting and repair of existing equipment
· Carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 50 lbs.
· Use a variety of hand and power tools
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
· High School Diploma or GED.
· NICET Level III or higher in Fire alarm Systems preferred.
· Specialized skill training/certification may be required.
· Demonstrates comprehensive working knowledge of a technical or specialty area, and of operations, methods, and practices.
· 5-10 years of successful hands on experience in Commercial Building Automation, Fire/ Life Safety Systems.
· Strong customer service skills.
· Good organizational, verbal and written communication skills
· Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
· Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
Associates degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training preferred.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.