Job Posting Structure
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Senior IP Attorney
This is a role
well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their
career. As a Senior IP Attorney,
you will be responsible for:
- You will strategically advise US based business lines of Diagnostic Imaging and/or Advanced Therapy in all IP related issues in a manner that promotes trust, teamwork and inspires confidence
- You will interact directly with business leadership of that business and report to the Head of the Imaging Technology team
- You will be viewed as a business partner and will be expected to contribute to the success of the business by actively driving IP processes and strategies and providing practical IP legal advice to meet the objectives of the business
This position may suit you best if you are familiar
with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with
- You have experience in IP prosecution, counseling, litigation, product IP clearances, patent investigations, and IP-related agreements
- You have good PC skills (MS Office software like Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- You will be working with our latest technology and therefore you are willing to learn about new software and hardware solutions and pro-actively work to safeguard protection of intellectual property rights for these solutions
- Willingness to be an integral part of the business and to advise on and drive business decisions concerning IP aspects together with the business leadership, R&D organization, business development, strategy and legal department for the business line
- Willingness to Drive the implementation of an IP protection strategy for the business line together with relevant partners in the business organization to secure rights to proprietary technologies including management of preparation, filing and prosecuting of patents and trademarks and copyright applications internally and via outside counsel, ensure freedom to operate for the business line by implementation of appropriate defensive IP measures and by providing expert legal advice in connection with product IP clearances and patent investigations, support collaborations with external business partners by actively negotiating IP-related agreements and legally advising internal business stakeholders for the business line, and actively support M&A transactions and associated due diligence activities for the business line
- You have very good communication and presentation skills and a strong drive for results
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- JD Degree in Law from an accredited institution and admitted to practice law in a US state and before USPTO and familiarity with IP law in EP and CN
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree in Engineering or Physics from an accredited institution, with preferred experience and/or background in the medical diagnostic field
- 7 to 10 + years of experience as a practicing attorney in the IP field of law
- Willing to travel up to 25%
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.