The job of an Application Support Engineer consists to be responsible for assisting customers in the use of Siemens PLM Software Products (in this case, especially Teamcenter install and architecture), working with development team, and monitor the resolution of key customer issues.
- Under minimal direction, that person will analyze the customer’s question or problem, and provide a solution or a workaround that meets the customer’s needs when possible, in a timely manner.
- When working with development on a software product correction, the person is supposed to duplicate customer problems, and provide explicit examples to development to allow developers to reproduce any software defects that need to be fixed.
- Through configuration and database analysis, login and log file analysis you take the necessary analytical steps to systematically narrow down and clarify the root cause as necessary.
- As a support analyst you will work with the customer via Desktop Sharing, telephone and email, and will guide the customer in
- the execution of required analysis steps.
- A very important part of your job is that Application Support Engineer would also be responsible for developing detailed and precise technical articles for publications, newsletters, and online customer self-help tools.
- Person will proactively need to create technical articles containing information about best-practices, troubleshooting and usage optimization.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Good Communication Skills.
- Fluent English Speaking is required
- A minimum of 3+ years of experience in IT including support to end users and server systems
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in any PLM System
- Ability to comprehend complex IT architecture, systems, DATABASES, networking and software concepts
- It is critical to have a deep understanding in client and server operating systems, in special
- Thorough knowledge of computer systems, i.e. application installation, use of email, and O/S experience.
- Experience and working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Knowledge of a programming language are useful, but not essential
- Fluent or Good Portuguese (Brazil) Speaking is very important but not required
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software, S.A. de C.V.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time