Early involvement of Procurement and suppliers in the product development/manufacturing process as well as monitoring current products in order to minimize the overall costs. Taking account of the interface partner functions for (product) development. Quality, logistics and material group management (commodity management) as information interchange and assisting in selecting the most efficient suppliers.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. The Hingham plant is focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles and digital factory technology to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
Early Procurement Involvement:
- Engage in preliminary development. Be actively involved in the product development/manufacturing process as well as undertaking and pushing forward cost reduction measures (design to cost, target costing, standardization, key data, etc.) to achieve the target costs for materials and reduce the overall material costs by fulfilling the necessary functions. Closely align with R&D community in the BU and Procurement (Commodity Managers, Buyers)
Early Supplier Integration:
- Include suppliers and conduct cost-benefit analysis workshops, innovation workshops and concept competitions with key suppliers in order to concentrate on the key functions of the components/projects. Optimize material cost through DtC. Reviews material cost target.
- Initiate market observation, conduct and provide market information/analyses on international technology and price trends in order to obtain new suppliers and new technologies in the supply chain.
Alignment of Technology Roadmaps:
- Introduce and follow up given cross-functional Procurement strategies to ensure the linkage of commodity strategies and technological market trends.
- Support activities planned by the lines of business in order to harmonize and implement the technological line-of-business strategies with procurement strategies. Supports Core/Non-core initiatives. Participates sourcing strategy development with commodity team.
- Drive sourcing decisions with interface partners in order to incorporate technological knowhow and safeguard security strategies. Drives cross-functional sourcing concept.
- Be involved in and provide corresponding support for projects in lines of business in order to provide optimum input for quotes, workshops, scope of material (BoM assessment) and realization of potential for savings in the project.
- Technology Assess and develop suppliers from the technological standpoint (if necessary, jointly with interface partners) in order to concentrate on the best suppliers.
- Participate in workgroups and work in projects in order to stay informed and keep and others informed and exert influence at an early stage.
- Maintains a strong internal (e.g. with product portfolio management) and external (e.g. suppliers) innovation network, to foster value creation through supplier innovations for Siemens and hence its customers. Able to define and implement appropriate material field and related supplier strategies, e.g. development partnerships with highly innovative suppliers.
- Applies preventive methods aimed at risk minimization. Designs, maintains and improves specific requirements, specification and concepts based on supplier categorization.
- Coordinates product/service qualifications and approvals based on specific requirements / specifications (Ready to Order)
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
1. BS / BEng in a related discipline required, advanced degree a plus
2. 7 plus years of industry experience within a Mechanical / Electrical / Electronic component manufacturing business
3. Significant work experiences preferably with 5 plus years’ experience in technical procurement
4. Experience in supplier interfacing, communication with supplier and project management
5. Ability to discuss designs with supplier to optimize Designs for manufacture
6. Ability to analyze material cost breakdowns and accuracy based on market values through strong analytical skills
7. Very Proficient with MS Office Suite
8. Working knowledge SAP SCM software
9. Good negotiation skills
10. Advanced technical skills assessing supplier capabilities
11. Global mindset & good networking skills
12.Self-determined and goal oriented, strategic, proactive and team player with the drive to implement changes.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.