The Immunoassay development group has an immediate opening for a Biochemist 2. The main objective of this position is to provide a variety of laboratory procedures such as troubleshooting of technical problems and assay performance assessment. The position in based in Tarrytown, NY and will report to a Manager in an Assay Development group in the Lab Diagnostics Division of Siemens Healthineers. This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Biochemist 2, you will be responsible for :
• You will provide support in a wide variety of semi-complex technical assignments such as preparing reagents.
• You will participate in conducting semi-complex tests or investigations pertaining to the development of new designs methods, materials, or processes and investigates possible application of results.
• You will obtain, correlate, and analyze technical information needed to accomplish semi-complex tasks.
• You will provides support in preparing reports, charts, graphs, and other documents.
• You will participate in developing designs for a variety of products, processes, and components.
• You will assist with laboratory and equipment maintenance as well as laboratory safety.
• You will assist with ordering chemicals and supplies.
• You will write reports and prepare oral presentations as needed.
• You will take part at the knowledge exchange with our R&D team to improve and further develop our products and software solutions. This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers.
• You, as the candidate, should have a good grasp of knowledge and principles of immunoassays and development process.
• You should have strong experience in developing in-vitro diagnostic assays.
• You should have broad chemistry/biochemistry knowledge of buffer systems, enzymes, surfactants, preservatives and statistical analysis and design of experiments.
• You should be able to provide demonstrated ability to communicate clearly technical information both verbally and in writing.
• You must be hands-on, willing to perform laboratory experiments to execute to plan.
This position involves handling potentially biohazardous serum and plasma from human and animal sources.
Required skills to have for the success of this role:
• MS/MA or a BS with minimum of 4+ years of relevant industry experience in Life Sciences, Medical Devices, or Diagnostics preferred.
• Knowledge and/or experience in the field of chemiluminescence and immunoassays is preferred but not required.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.