The Immunoassay development group has an immediate opening for a Senior Biochemist. The position in based in Tarrytown, NY and will report to a Manager in an Assay Development group in the Lab Diagnostics Division of Siemens Healthineers. This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Senior Biochemist, you will be responsible for:
• You will work in immunoassay development and conduct complex research, experimentation and data analysis for product and process development.
• You will be driving a wide variety of technical activities such as designing experiments, development of new methods, materials and processes and troubleshooting technical problems.
• You will obtain, correlate, and analyze technical information needed to accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
• You will be preparing reports, charts, graphs, and data summaries on a regular basis.
• You will be preparing technical reports and oral presentations for technical reviews, and collaborating with multiple functions to achieve project goals.
• You will be supervising junior team members and ensuring that the project goals and timelines are successfully met.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers:
• You, as the candidate, should have an excellent understanding of immunoassay principles and development processes and should be able to provide creative solutions to technical challenges.
• You should be self-driven and able to work in fast-paced environments with minimal supervision.
• You should have broad chemistry/biochemistry knowledge of proteins, buffer systems, enzymes, surfactants, preservatives as well as of statistical analysis and design of experiments.
• You should be able to communicate clearly and effectively.
• You must be hands-on, willing to perform laboratory experiments to execute to plan.
This position involves handling potentially biohazardous serum and plasma from human and animal sources.
Required skills to have for the success of this role:
• Ph.D. or a MS with minimum of 6+ years of relevant industry experience in Life Sciences, Medical Devices, or Diagnostics are preferred.
• Knowledge and/or experience in the field of chemiluminescence and immunoassays are preferred but not required.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.