Corindus, a Siemens Company, is a global technology leader in robotic-assisted vascular interventions. The company's CorPath® system is the first FDA-cleared medical device to bring robotic-assisted precision to percutaneous coronary and peripheral interventions. Corindus is advancing the field of interventional medicine with robotics through improvements to procedural control, precision and workflow.
The Senior Software Engineer, Application position will be a part of the development team for next generation product and capabilities focused on application development and user interfaces for the robotics system. The candidate should have demonstrated experience in application software for real-time control. Ideal candidates will include those who have designed and implemented real-time application software and innovative user interfaces for a medical robotics technology platform, communication interfaces and imaging. This is a collaborative opportunity where the individual will work with other engineering disciplines, product management and clinicians.
· Architect, design and implement industry leading software using software development best practices, including continuous software testing.
· Provide and maintain domain expertise of relevant software technologies and products.
· Utilize state-of-the-art software tools and processes to advance business goals.
· Generate software requirements documents, design specifications, and software test protocols.
· Master’s Degree Computer Science, Robotics or other related technical area required
· 7 years of experience architecting complex application programs required
· Strong skills in Object-Oriented Design and Analysis, with the use of UML preferred
· Strong C++ skills required
· Experience in use of complex state machines (FSM and HSM) preferred
· Experience in GUI frameworks, such as QT, WPF preferred
· Experience with RTOS, such as QNX or preferred
· Experience with multi-core software deployment preferred
· Experience with hard real-time, high availability systems preferred
· Experience with image processing and transmission preferred
· Experience with model-based design development using MATLAB, Simulink preferred
· Experience developing medical devices within FDA, ISO, and IEC requirements and guidelines including risk analysis and quality assurance preferred
· Strong communication skills preferred
· Ability to travel up to 10% required
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers
If you wish to find out more about Siemens Healthineers before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.