Siemens Smart infrastructure is currently search for a Zone Technical Center Manager to support an eight-state territory.
Leader of the Zone Technical Center is responsible for all engineering, system integration networking, and technical support across the assigned Zone. Reporting to the SE Zone Operations Manager, this person will direct activities of Operations Managers, Operations Supervisors, and Engineers, Programmers and Graphics. This position is responsible for cost management of the ZTC and cost performance for the Smart Infrastructure projects business. The ZTC manager will drive the adoption of SI standards and tools. They will set a culture of productivity and efficiency in the creation and delivery of the Digital Deployment package.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
- Leads the performance of the Zone Technical Center
- Responsible engineering of all project work: solutions, service, regardless of project size or location.
- Manages employees to ensure schedules are maintained and projects proceed according to plans, job specifications and cost estimates.
- As part of the Zone management team coordinates resource needs for sales support and project development.
- Provides direct employee mentorship and is responsible for employee development within the ZTC organization.
- Promotes, provides training for, and ensure implementation of engineering related division productivity tools.
- Reviews customer feedback and ensures high customer satisfaction.
- Builds and maintains an effective engineering and deployment organization committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth.
- Manages or advises on hiring, training and development, allocation and performance assessment of personnel within area of responsibility.
- Responsible for driving standards, increase quality and leverage resources throughout the Zone.
- Adapts quickly to understanding new products and its implementation.
- Responsible for staffing to handle the forecasted volume for the zone
- Responsible for the implementation of zone engineering standards and consistency to achieve One Engineering Deliverable with shorter lead times, lower cost, and improved quality.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Associates degree (2 year) in a technical (industry related) field or equivalent work experience required. Travel is roughly 50%
- Bachelor’s degree in related field is preferred.
- 5 - 7 years operations supervisory/ management role
- Strong listening, negotiation, organizational, oral and written communication skills for multi-tasking effectively.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions, and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.