Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
We make real what matters. This is your role
• Carry out static/transient, Linear/Non-linear thermal and thermo mechanical FEA (Finite element analysis) of Gas Turbine static & Rotating components using commercial software such as ANSYS mechanical, ANSYS workbench, NX-CAE, Nastran & Abaqus.
• Perform Low cycle fatigue, High Cycle fatigue and detailed Fracture mechanics assessment of Gas Turbine’s static & rotating components.
• Perform high temperature creep calculation and assessment. Creep-fatigue interaction needs to be checked.
• Prepare and document FE calculation in the form of structural integrity design report.
• Participate and conduct structural integrity design review at component level.
• Seamless transfer of structural integrity calculation input and output between design team and project lead respectively
• Provide mentoring & training to less experiences employees.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
• Mechanical Engineer graduate/Post graduate/PhD from recognized college/university
• 8 to 15 years of experience in CAE/FEA (Finite Element Analysis) for linear, Non- linear, static, Transient, thermal and structural calculations.
• Experience in FEA software ANSYS mechanical or ANSYS Workbench or NX-CAE, Nastran or Abaqus
• Experience in Product Design in Turbo Machinery or Automotive or General Engineering
• Strong background in engineering Mechanics and mechanical design.
• Experience in turbo machinery i.e. Gas turbine, Steam turbine will be preferred
• Strong soft personal skill i.e. team player, quick learner, ability to adapt quickly & effectively etc.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time