We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Aftermarket service sales team as a Proposal Specialist. This team member will support with the development of advanced maintenance and mods/upgrades proposals for the U.S. and Canadian fleet of Siemens Gamesa and other OEM wind turbines.
- Collaborate with a multi-functional team and internal business partners on specification review, product scope selection, commercial strategy, cost/price development, and proposal generation.
- Prioritize requests for quotes from sales in order to meet customer and/or market requirements.
- Drive quote turnover and customer responsiveness through process improvements and quote standardization.
- Manage the sales process from request for quote, cost modeling, proposal generation and bid approval.
- Coordinate cost-price reviews with product category leads, commercial finance, and sales as required.
- Align with Wind Power Onshore Operations, Supply Chain, EHS, Engineering and other Product Lines, regionally and globally, to support service offerings and share best practices.
- Utilize Salesforce for the transparent tracking of opportunities from creation through win/loss and handover to project execution.
- Prepare comprehensive proposals/offer letters for distribution by sales. This includes the inclusion or modification of language regarding scope of supply or services, technical specifications, commercial considerations, and selling policy (terms & conditions).
- Resolves complex technical and/or commercial
problems to meet customers' needs. Assists Sales Team in establishing
schedules and pricing. Reaches out to various organizations within SGRE to
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- BS in business, engineering or financial discipline, or the equivalent combination of education and
- 5-8 years experience
- Proven ability to think outside the box and develop creative value-added propositions for customers
mind set and with strong communication & collaboration skills
- Quality & organization orientation.
- Demonstrates initiative and result oriented.
- Strong proficiency utilizing at Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Wind turbine or wind farm operations experience preferred
- Prior experience in writing technical and/or commercial proposals preferred
Organization: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
Company: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.