Job location: Ain Sukhna - Egypt
The primary purpose of this position is to ensure that production welders are properly trained and qualified, and to support the development of the weld process. Develop required jigs and fixtures as to meet specified requirements. The weld engineer will also provide critical process control guidance and lead process improvement initiatives
What are my responsibilities?
• Perform contract reviews to technical specifications, drawings, and purchase orders
• Assist with repair bid reviews providing a technical appraisal of the welding requirements
• Translating drawings and repair requirements into compliant work instructions
• Development, qualification and application of welding procedures.
• Setting up weld work stations with proper tooling, fixtures, templates, and equipment.
• Able to design jigs and fixtures using requirements & drawings
• Qualification and renewing of welder performance qualifications. Ensuring all welders are qualified to perform the work required.
• Supporting the continuous improvement of weld related procedures and policies, identifying corrective actions and preventative measures for weld issues
• Liaising directly with the client and internal departments with regard to weld requirements, representing the company as the weld expert
• Managing repair time and budgets to meet business plan
• Able to use measuring tools accurately
• Ability to handle multiple task
• Comply with safety rules and follow hazardous waste disposal procedures
• Lead with cost and scrap reduction process improvement efforts
What do I need to qualify for the job?
• 10+ years of experience planning production welding and assembly processes
• Applicants must be able to demonstrate their skills and experience in a similar role.
• Previous experience in the Oil & Gas sector or aerospace is desirable but not essential.
• A history of “hands-on” approach to problem solving and countermeasure implementation within own areas of responsibility.
• Experience welding different types of materials preferred (SST; Nickel: Cobalt)
• Demonstrated understanding of tooling and fixtures for manufacturing and its impact to dimensional accuracy and welding quality.
• Knowledge of welding qualification standards, including EN / ISO, ASME & AWS.
• Working knowledge of codes API 1104, ASTM, ASME, DNV OS-F101, AWS D1.1 / D1.3, DN 15085 and NACE / ISO 15156 as well as DIN and EN.
• Practical experience coaching and training staff at all levels and functions of the organization
• Degree qualified in an engineering discipline would be a plus
• Have experience in Microsoft outlook, word, and excel packages.
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Technologies S.A.E.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time