The primary purpose of this position is to perform the welding of Industrial Gas Turbine Components for the purpose of manufacture and repair with minimal supervision according to manufacturing and customer requirements
What are my responsibilities?
- Read & interpret travelers/documents to gather work instructions.
- Accurately read and interpret blueprints
- Weld in accordance with manufacturing specifications.
- Must be able to properly set up welding station and machinery to perform welding.
- Select proper weld wire in accordance to product specifications.
- Prep and polish areas requiring weld.
- Perform repair welding and blending of gas turbine components.
- Belt sand/blend production components.
- Perform in-process inspection of parts.
- Able to remove excess weld and braze and grit blast.
- Operate material handling equipment, including crane.
- Able to use measuring tools accurately
- Ability to handle multiple task
- Comply with safety rules and follow hazardous waste disposal procedures
- Participate in cost and scrap reduction process improvement efforts
What do I need to qualify for the job?
- 5+ years of experience with welding and assembly processes
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate their skills and experience in a similar role.
- Previous experience in the Oil & Gas sector or aerospace is desirable but not essential.
- A history of “hands-on” approach to problem solving and countermeasure implementation within own areas of responsibility.
- Experience welding different types of materials preferred (SST; Nickel: Cobalt)
- Demonstrated understanding of tooling and fixtures for manufacturing and its impact to dimensional accuracy and welding quality.
- Requires the ability to read, write, and complete simple forms, and to understand written instructions
- Requires the ability to perform math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division; also requires the simple use of formulas, charts, tables, drawings, specifications, schedules, or diagrams.
- Requires high school education or equivalent with welding curriculum resulting in a vocational diploma
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Technologies S.A.E.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time