The primary purpose of this position is to be a machine operator performing machine operation and production in the special process department using various conventional and computer controlled machines according to manufacturing and customer requirements
What are my responsibilities?
- Assist in writing part-machining programs to support new or existing CNC equipment and technologies using the appropriate programming techniques and language
- Setup and operate multi-axis, milling and EDM machines making all required machine settings install appropriate fixtures, and adjust programs when needed.
- Deburr work pieces and maintain material identification as required.
- Check machined parts for conformance to print requirements, using precision measuring devices.
- Examine machine tools, equipment and component systems to determine cause of malfunction; perform remedial action, installation and/or replacement of parts as required to maintain system operation.
- Rough and finish machine a variety of complicated parts including new and the most intricate and difficult jobs.
- Operator work-center utilizing machine controls to perform drilling, tapping, boring, milling, etc., machining operations.
- Perform machining and machine operations to ensure work is performed in a timely manner in accordance with Standard Practice instruction and customer requirements.
- Use computer system to access and enter non-conformance data; fill out all necessary paperwork.
- Identify and load proper tooling and fixtures to machines for job operations
- Assisting in maintaining existing fixtures
- Ensure that equipment is functioning properly including daily checks as well as scheduled preventative maintenance.
- Review job planning packages with technical support personnel to discuss methods, procedures and equipment and ensure job documentation is complete and critical data is recorded on appropriate forms.
- Operate material handling equipment, including crane.
- Maintain equipment including assisting with scheduled preventative maintenance.
- Accurately read and follow work instructions
- Ability to handle multiple task
- Comply with safety rules and follow hazardous waste disposal procedures
- Participate in cost and scrap reduction process improvement efforts
What do I need to qualify for the job?
- Requires minimum of 5 years’ experience in a machine shop or repair shop.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate their skills and experience in a similar role.
- Previous experience in the Oil & Gas sector or aerospace is desirable but not essential.
- A history of “hands-on” approach to problem solving and countermeasure implementation within own areas of responsibility.
- Experience machining different types of materials preferred (SST; Nickel: Cobalt)
- Demonstrated understanding of tooling and fixtures for manufacturing and its impact to dimensional accuracy and machine quality.
- Requires the ability to read, write, and complete simple forms, and to understand written instructions
- Requires the ability to perform math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division; also requires the simple use of formulas, charts, tables, drawings, specifications, schedules, or diagrams.
- Demonstrate the ability to successfully setup and operate CNC controlled equipment.
- Requires high school education or equivalent with machine curriculum resulting in a vocational diploma
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens AG PE Egypt Branch
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time