Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
We make real what matters. This is your role
- Responsible for performing FE analysis and calculations of Generator components.
- Able to conduct linear/nonlinear thermo-mechanical analysis, fatigue (LCF/HCF), dynamic analysis and fracture mechanics.
- Perform verification of FE analysis using hand calculation and other analytical methods.
- Interpret results and provide design change solution and optimize the design.
- Work in cross-functional teams to interconnect R&D, Service, Manufacturing, Project Management personnel to provide best possible solutions in a timely manner
- Create conceptual designs, analyze and optimize it per customer needs, and to defend it during design reviews
- Work with customers and stakeholders to understand, develop and deploy solutions
- Serve as a subject matter expert for mechanical calculations.
- Shall be able to provide solution within short time with engineering judgment.
- Candidate shall have critical thinking ability and experience to quickly perform plausibility checks and to sort out complex situations which do not fit to standards.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- >5 years of experience on FE analysis and design optimization.
- Good experience with ANSYS (preferably Workbench) or NASTRAN or ABAQUS or any other FEA software.
- Strong fundamentals in Mechanics and engineering design.
- Technical knowledge related to Turbo Generators or Turbines.
- Experience in working with customers and stakeholders in an international environment.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation/communication skills in English.
- Team player, proactive, Results-oriented and self-motivated approach to problem solving.
- Exceptional ability to build relationships. Enthusiastic and motivated.
- Demonstrated proficiency in solving complex problems and ability to mentor young professionals.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s or Ph.D degree in Mechanical Engineering (specialization in Machine Design/FE Calculations/Applied Mechanics), from a reputed institute.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time