Design Engineer - Commercial Fire/Security Systems - ZTC Atlantic Zone
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is seeking a Design Engineer for the Atlantic Zone. In this office-based position, you will be responsible for the design of fire and security systems using company tools and operating protocols. You will also receive project specifications from sales team and designs commercial fire and security solutions and service installed jobs.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
- Chooses the appropriate mix of products and installation methods to provide the most cost- effective solution. Prepares all required submittals and schedules subsequent hand-off to operations. Handles the ordering of all required products and equipment.
- Acts as a technical resource to team and customer as needed. Participates in sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout.
- May participate in initial job site walk through with contractors and/or building management. Independently designs building automation systems for standard and/or critical environment facilities such as data centers or laboratories.
- May need to create unique design solutions to meet specific customer requirements. Designs building fire & security systems for large and/or complex buildings consisting of system layouts, electrical drawings, bill of materials, sequence of operations, valve, relay, and smoke damper schedules, and panel layouts to meet the intent of the project plans, specifications and contract documents.
- Generates point and address database on all projects. Provides start-up and checkout documentation to the Project Manager and system specialist for use in commissioning, testing, and validation. Prepares engineering re-estimate and follows up with appropriate sales and management to assure understanding of and satisfaction with job scope.
- Prepares specifications and drawings for special components and panels purchased from outside suppliers. Selects proper types and sizes of company products and outside suppliers to meet project requirements. Prepares all information on pre-installation extras or change orders to submit to customer or general/ subcontractor.
- Ensures the job folder is organized and maintained including all pertinent job-related information. Orders and tracks all required products and materials for timely delivery on the job site. May perform some field activities as required
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- Associates degree in Electronics or other technical field or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years engineering /systems or other related experience.
- Strong knowledge of industry engineering fundamentals and business operations required.
- Proficiency in programming, job start-up, checkout, and troubleshooting required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, and AutoCAD required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Fully proficient and independent design skills.
- ·Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Able to design medium to large jobs with deviation from standard tools, products or practices as needed. 3-6 years engineering experience.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.