Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We are a collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we create technologies that take society further.
We’re looking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our and Power Division as a Field Service Commissioning Engineer and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
The Field Service Commissioning Engineer will work in a variety of diverse locations, responsible for carrying out commissioning activities on site ensuring compliance with specification with satisfactory handover to the customer. You’ll also be tasked with the management of onsite commissioning teams, contributing to the planning of onsite activities.
It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful and engaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training is important to many and that’s why we have a supportive environment which invests in our employee’s development, whether that’s Chartership, training or mentoring. (adapt as you see fit, do not include if your business doesn’t promote this)
Feel free to click on this link to see what it’s like to work here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vmmNjaEr04
Change the future with us.
- Complete pre-commissioning and commissioning activities across one application types and one control system.
- Complete; STARMS set up, troubleshoot systems through reading control logic, carry out cause and effects check on fire and gas monitoring system (Validation of software only), Perform starting and running checks (including operating and driven unit knowledge), perform root cause analysis of start failure, set up DLE mapping, perform a trim balance.
- Have an understanding of packager requirements including; quality systems and implications on method of performing activities.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with relevant business partnering teams and external customers in line with Think customer principles.
- Be capable of proactively driving team performance on site and addressing areas for improvement before they impact team morale or the Siemens brand
- Have the ability to transfer knowledge to customer operating teams.
- Train and mentor Commissioning team members.
- Manage and lead onsite teams (Siemens staff, third party workers and Customer operatives).
- Have the ability to contribute to the overall planning of the project, on and offsite, in conjunction with the key business stakeholders.
- Complete required site visit documentation i.e reports, modifications etc. Identify, define and implement Field Service best practice; responsible for the development and implementation of world class Field Service standards in all aspects of work
Use your skills to move the world forward.
- You’ll be a proven engineer, qualified to degree level or equivalent, experienced with rotating equipment and an understanding of the principles of gas turbine operations.
- As well as your technical qualifications, you’ll be a great communicator and influential too, taking charge of teams in different countries.
- A flexible attitude to travel is also required.
- A pro-active attitude towards self-management, ensuring you are within key targets and goals.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Siemens Gas and Power is focused on helping customers navigate the world’s most pressing energy problems, both for today and tomorrow. Some of our products, solutions and services make fossil energy greener, deliver decentralised flexible power solutions and manage the complexities of the grid.
Our benefits package includes a generous base salary we celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. We offer 26 days holiday (which increases with service), up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme and employee discounts just to name a few.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Planned changes to our business
In May 2019 Siemens announced that its Gas and Power (GP) business, comprising the company's oil and gas, conventional power generation, power transmission and related services businesses – is to be given complete independence and entrepreneurial freedom through a carveout and a subsequent public listing (spinoff). Plans call for the stock exchange listing to take place by September 2020. We're convinced that this strategic decision will be positive for all participants and enable long-term value creation for customers, employees and shareholders. Click here for more information on the Gas & Power business
Closing date for applications: Monday 10th February
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Industrial Turbomachinery Ltd.
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time