How can you help us shape the future?
Our Cincinnati Repair center in Hamilton is a small fast paced team. We're looking for a dedicated Mechanic who can work across a diversified range of equipment. In this role you must be a fast learner who is capable to work as both a team leader and a team member as required to meet the goals of the service center and client. If selected for this role you will be assigned to work on 1st shift.
What are your responsibilities?
- Conduct a daily Behavioral Based Audit (BBA) and report any safety concerns observed
- Conduct mechanical overhauls and repairs of compressors, engines and other equipment
- Communicate and accurately report to Supervisor
- The willingness and ability to work overtime and/or irregular hours
- Maintain good customer relations and promote company products and services
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Journeyman Millwright or Heavy-Duty Mechanic Experience
- Must be able to demonstrate that you can read and use precision measuring instruments accurately
- The ability to read and follow blueprints
- The ability to routinely lift at least 25 pounds, as required to perform essential functions of the position, for up to eight hours
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds periodically, as required to perform essential functions of the position
What other education, skills or experience will qualify you for this position?
- Minimum of five (5) years of related industry experience
- Must be detail oriented
- Should be able to disassemble, inspect, repair and reassemble
- Experience with centrifugal or reciprocating compressors
- Experience with steam turbines is an asset and preferred
- Experience operating balance machines is preferred
Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand Company
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.