The Repair Project Manager is the first-line contact between a customer and/or sales account manager/field project manager. The position supports the customer service function by providing quotations and acting as a primary liaison for correspondence and communications with customers.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Interpret customer maintenance and/or repair specifications to technical personnel for repair and maintenance of equipment.
- Review contractual terms and conditions for service specifications.
- Support shop personnel in execution of activity described in recommendations.
- Liaison between client and shop regarding status, scope change, hold points, etc.
- Develop specific quotations for repair work scopes with associated detailed costs.
concise and descriptive work instructions to the shop floor.
Prepare and deliver project documentation and progress reports for internal and external customers.
- Support and maintain Lean implementation projects.
- Assist with and support the various safety projects and initiatives within the Service Center.
- Closely monitor ongoing job-costs, with focus on cost actual versus quote/estimate.
- Perform contract review including Terms & Conditions per policy.
- Prepare and issue shop instructions for inspection and repair scopes referencing all appropriate repair and factory technical specifications.
- Collaborate with technical specialists and QA manager to ensure that all jobs are completed within job specific or general quality guidelines and assurances.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5-7 years of experience within manufacturing/shop environment
- Familiar with rotating and/or reciprocating equipment repairs ( steam turbines, centrifugal compressors, gas turbines, reciprocating compressors, turbochargers, valves, dry gas seals)
- Strong communications at levels
- Experience with managing project life cycle and cost
- Must adapt to fast pace environment
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Project and Outlook.
- Experience working in an organization with a strong commitment to Health, Safety and Environment.
- Flexible to work extended hours during shutdown time frames which can include evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong capability in project management.
- 3 or more-year experience in quoting hrs. and resources for repair scopes
- Familiarity and experience with rotating equipment (steam turbine, gas turbine, turbochargers, reciprocating compressors, valves and dry gas seals) repairs.
· Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand Company
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.