Water is a critical element in offshore, onshore, upstream and downstream activities within the oil and gas industry. Siemens Water Solutions addresses water and wastewater needs of the industry with a portfolio that includes physical and chemical separation, biological treatment, and complex hydrothermal technologies. We are looking for professional, talented individuals to help us address the needs of our oil and gas industry customers, now and in the future.
Responsible for the engineering and design of internally and externally manufactured equipment for the oil and gas industry. The Mechanical Engineer works with a project team to deliver equipment to projects in accordance with project specifications, schedules, and budgets. Accuracy, completeness, efficiency and timeliness in are highly emphasized.
• Piping Systems
• Pressure Vessels
• Structural Design
• Rotating Equipment
- Preparation of equipment Purchase Order Requests and Releases to Manufacturing
- Engineering of equipment items including, calculations and drawing review.
- Review of vendor submittal against project requirements
- Preparation of deliverables for transmittal to customers
- Coordination with other engineering disciplines contributing to the project.
- Review of customer comments and coordination or those comments to the project team and vendors.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
In addition to having the engineering responsibilities listed, the successful candidate must be able to work well with others and be experienced at interfacing with clients and vendors. Must have the capability to manage and provide oversite to 3rd Party engineering and design resources. Must be able to travel internationally, including the Middle East and India.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience (8+ years)
- 5-8 years of experience in process piping
- Experience with the high spec industrial market.
- Ability to prepare pipe stress models, analysis, and reports utilizing Caesar II software for high alloy, high temperature pressure piping systems
- Prepare piping specifications and line schedules
- Apply ASME B31.3 to design of piping systems
- Ability to specify and select valves
- Ability to specify and select rotating equipment such as pumps and mixers
- Perform tank stress analysis and prepare stiffening design
- Perform FEA analysis
- Perform structural calculations for vessel supports and skid framing member selection
- Prepare pressure vessel designs in accordance with ASME Sec Vlll, Div. 1 using COMPRESS software
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 5-8 years of experience in water treatment, within the oil and gas industry
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.