Water is a
critical element in offshore, onshore, upstream and downstream activities
within the oil and gas industry. Siemens Water Solutions addresses water and
wastewater needs of the industry with a portfolio that includes physical and
chemical separation, biological treatment, and complex hydrothermal
technologies. We are looking for professional, talented individuals to help us
address the needs of our oil and gas industry customers, now and in the future.
Responsible for the engineering and design of internally and externally manufactured equipment for the oil and gas industry. The Engineer works with a project team to deliver equipment to projects in accordance with project specifications, schedules, and budgets. Accuracy, completeness, efficiency and timeliness in are highly emphasized.
- Specification review, scope and Request For Quotation package preparation, technical review of quotations, preparing vendor and budget recommendations.
- Preparation of Purchase Order Requests and Releases To Manufacturing
- Review of vendor submittals against project requirements
- Preparation of deliverables for transmittal to customers
- Coordination with other engineering disciplines contributing to the project.
- Review of customer comments and coordination or those comments with the project team and vendors.
- Performance or assistance in performance of project checkout work, potentially including customer-witnessed tests.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Bachelor’s in Instrument/Electrical/Controls Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience to the related field.
- Select process measurement instrumentation appropriate for all applications identified on project P&ID’s.
- Knowledge of how the various measurement technologies work and their constraints.
- Select process final control elements appropriate for all applications identified on project P&ID’s.
- Experience interfacing with clients and vendors.
- Experience managing and providing oversite to 3rd Party engineering and design resources
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience within the water treatment and oil and gas industry.
- Familiar with the high spec industrial market.
- Knowledge of techniques and/or material selections to address corrosion concerns
- Familiarity with product offerings of the major process instrumentation manufacturers
- Knowledge of control valve type/style selection appropriate for use on various fluids
- Knowledge of control valve sizing methods and calculations
- Familiarity with product offerings of the major control valve manufacturers
- Develop/maintain documentation pertinent to process measurement instrumentation and final control elements
- Ability to understand requirements of any of various possible customer- supplied data forms or records and to find and enter the required information
- Define control functions to be performed by the process control system in a presentation enough for another party to correctly program/configure the control system for the application.
- Develop logic diagrams to present the required control functions and / or write a narrative description of the required control functions.
- Select process control (PLC and other) equipment appropriate to perform all control functions required by the processes involved in the project.
- Familiarity with product offerings of the major process control equipment (PLC) manufacturers.
- Ability to develop application programs to perform all required control functions for the processes involved in the project is considered a plus.
- Experience in development of process control programming, using all available program languages, working on Rockwell Automation or Siemens platforms
- Ability to develop graphic operator interface applications to permit any necessary operator interaction with the control application.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.