Siemens Smart Infrastructure is seeking a Senior Field Service Technician. The Field Service Technician coordinates, manages implements, and/or performs service for new equipment installation, equipment, or repairs for Commercial Fire & Life Safety Systems.
- Provides technical service to customer Fire Safety systems including technical support during the installation and commissioning of new or expanded systems.
- Coordinates with contractors in the process of installation of systems sold by a branch office. Performs system commissioning on systems including loading software programs and implementing modifications as necessary.
- Responds to and carries out to completion any troubleshooting and repairs to assigned customer systems. Ensures company-owned test equipment and installation equipment is in proper working order.
- Returns equipment in need of repair or calibration to the office in a timely manner. Makes recommendations regarding both systems maintenance and installations.
- Reports daily on activities completed, deferred, or requiring further action or material.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency.
- Required experience: Two years of engineering/service experience working with Fire & Life Safety Systems—including knowledge of integration, networks, electrical concepts, and building operations, as well as the programming, job start-up and checkout, and troubleshooting of related systems.
- Required travel: 10%
- Other requirements:
- NICET (National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technology) Certification Requirements to retain position: Level II Fire Alarm Certification within 24 months of hire; State or local fire alarm planner or contractor license as required by state regulations within 24 months of hire.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Good verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Ability to read and understand design and construction documents.
- Skilled in the PC applications and in the use of word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds and high-lift equipment as well as working in ducts, crawl spaces, and above ceilings.
- Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire.
- Must be able to use hand-tools.
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing.
- Must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States, and will not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.