Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Job Title: Site Planner
Job Location: Cary, NC or Malvern, PA
The Site Planner creates room plans to support the site planning, construction, and installation of Medical Equipment. S/he creates architectural, structural, electrical, and mechanical room plans following Siemens CAD drawing standards and processes. Furthermore s/he proactively addresses and communicates problem-solving solutions to field Project Managers in order to meet customer requirements and deadlines in a regulated industry.
- Support the development of accurate equipment site preparation drawing package, including Architectural, Structural, Electrical and Mechanical for customer sites.
- Proficient in AutoCAD.
- Project Archives: Obtain, record, file, and maintain all key project information for permanent reference.
- Communication – excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Problem management – able to diagnose situations, understand broad contexts, identify interrelationships, and proactively define a course of action to support Site Planning and SI-Imaging Operations’ goals.
- Quality Management – understanding of quality management and the requirements for working in a regulated industry.
- Proficiency with software tools – proficient in the use of available software tools and internal systems to effectively achieve results. Software tools include a PC workstation, MS Windows platform, Outlook for email, and MS office suite.
- Personal Organization – Displays attributes needed for results. Deals effectively with multiple pressing work demands, producing quality work on time. Focuses work activities and maximizes work results through effective planning, prioritization, and self-management.
- Technical aptitude – ability to read and understand construction drawings; applying basic drafting and CAD standards
- Industry knowledge – operational knowledge of healthcare settings, including knowledge of medical imaging products, services and solutions available to the industry to enhance diagnostics, treatment and workflow. Also understands governmental regulations placed on medical devices.
- MS Windows platform
- MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- Outlook e-mail AutoCAD (version 2014 or higher)
- Autodesk Architectural Desktop (version 2014 or higher)
- Knows and understands National CAD Standards (NCS)
- Understands symbolic architectural, structural, electrical and mechanical elements of equipment
- Understands basic electrical and power-related references and terms
- Can effectively communicate both in person and on the phone
- Effectively works in cooperation and on teams with associates, customers, contractors, etc.
- Self-manages time to complete all tasks—calls, consults, plans, meetings, and all project-related events
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS or equivalent knowledge and job experience
- Ability for limited travel
- Min 2-3 years of experience in room planning (drafting)
- Domestic travel 5%
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.