Siemens Smart Infrastructure is growing! We are currently searching for an experienced Project Manager to support our Building Automation Solutions group in Singapore. This position is responsible for managing multiple projects from pre-booking to customer acceptance. This includes the supervision, direction, and motivation of the project team during planning, estimating, design, installation, start-up, commissioning, handover and warranty phases.
• Communicate the company's core value of safety and project-specific safety requirements, goals, and objectives
• Manage Profit & Loss in assigned projects and monthly financial review meetings.
• Drive customer satisfaction
• Reports to Head of Project Management
- Work with external parties and customers to plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with assigned projects.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards within boundaries of company policy and contract specifications.
- Coordinate with engineering and technical supervisors to discuss such matters as work procedures, scope-and-scheduling and work sequence, project-specific safety plans, etc.
- Initiate and maintain liaison with owners and other contacts to facilitate project activities.
- Monitor and control project through administrative direction of on-site personnel to ensure project is completed on schedule and within budget.
- Represent the company in project meetings and attend strategy meetings.
- Work with our internal Business Administration (BA) team to manage financial aspects of contracts to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with the customer.
- Manage the requisition of products and materials to complete project.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients.
- Formulate reports concerning such areas as work progress, costs, and scheduling.
- Work with engineers to produce shop drawings and all project deliverables.
- Communicate effectively with customers/contractors during the project.
- Manage projects to ensure the established budgets are met and ensure products are manufactured to customer specifications.
- Develop project schedules in compliance with customer requirements, deadlines, and/or milestones; develop mechanisms to track schedule progress in the field; and update the schedule regularly.
- 'Collaborate with our sales team and the customer to identify any variances from the baseline and determine appropriate course of action to remedy any schedule slippage.
- Communicate schedule updates and any schedule slippage remedies to the customer and gain approval including any compensation component.
- Maintain open communication with the customer and discuss potential future projects.
- Provide forecasts to the customer and participate in forecast/budget meetings as required.
- Develop project budget based on the estimate/proposal including the budget breakdown by task and appropriate tracking units and develop cost codes for tasks/units.
- Collaborate with our Project Procurement Team to manage RFPs for subcontractors, review subcontractor proposals for completeness and scope coverage, furnish information to complete subcontract agreements including scope of work, pricing, and customer-specific requirements.
- Negotiate and approve subcontract scope changes in accordance with all customer contract requirements (i.e. the main contract conditions which flow though the subcontract).
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Work Experience
- 5+ Years of Experience in the BMS industry
- 3+ Years of Experience in Project Management
- Experience in GMP validation process including IQ/OQ/PQ execution preferred
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings, including mechanical and electrical drawings
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Must have strong verbal and written skills in English
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Pte. Ltd.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time