Make real what matters.
We provide the power to bring heat and light to our cities. We build highly efficient next generation turbines as well as on- and offshore wind turbines all over the world. We help our customers to save millions of tons of CO2 each year. That way we not only contribute, but actively drive the energy revolution for a better and greener future. For these and many other future projects, we need smart thinkers who bring skill, creativity, and dedication to the table. People like you! Experienced researchers who boldly broaden horizons. True specialists that do not lose sight of the big picture.
We tackle what really matters – take your next career step with us and make a difference.
What part will you play?
- In your new role you design a worldwide IT Infrastructure environment and decide on suitable strategies and objectives. You concept and further develop existing and new global IT infrastructure services including relevant guidelines, standards and accompanying processes.
- You lead and evaluate a project team of IT infrastructure architects and develop the project team and support the development and sustainable implementation of the IT Infrastructure strategy as a member of the extended IT IN leadership team.
- Additionally, you control deadlines, budgets and activities as well as apply change, risk and resource management as well as ensure efficient and cost optimized infrastructure, that is aligned with optimized license usage.
- You develop complete concepts and business cases as well as communicate with the IT leadership team to support the decision-making process. You coordinate with the IT enterprise architecture, other service and system managers, suppliers and key users.
- Further, you work with project teams to implement IT services, including review and approval of change requests as well as managing risks, acting as escalation path and ensuring professional provider management for 3rd level support.
- You optimize specific requirements of our customers, create concepts of virtualized infrastructures and set up an emergency management system.
- We look forward to meeting you if you hold a bachelor’s degree in IT, Business Administration, Management, or related field.
- You are experienced in driving IT infrastructure projects, experience as global IT infrastructure leader is a plus.
- Additionally, you have profound knowledge of Microsoft products, VMware, Cisco, Oracle and in virtualization as well as ITIL based working.
- You have excellent knowledge of performance evaluation, change management principles, MS Office. Knowledge of program/project management software (MS Project, etc.) is a strong advantage.
- You have high affinity to modern IT infrastructures and knowledge of the essential, current technological trends in IT.
- As you act in an international environment you look forward to global traveling (40 %) and bring fluent English and German language skills.
- Personally, you have excellent communication and presentation skills, problem-solving and conflict management ability as well as intercultural sensitivity.
+49 (9131) 17-1717 - if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team.
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Gas and Power GmbH & Co. KG
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time