Real trendsetters in every language.
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they must understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation requires trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge promotes the sharing of expertise through discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our team and embrace our cutting-edge technology and innovation.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
· Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
· Solve the worlds most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
· Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
· Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
· Competitive total rewards package.
· Profit sharing available.
· Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
· Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
· Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
· Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
· Employee perks and discounts.
· Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018 and Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019.
What will you do?
Siemens Canada Limited Fredericton team is part of the global Digital Grid Software Product House and is focused on developing and delivering software products that enable the green energy systems of the future. We bring the Internet of Things “IoT” to the electrical power grid connected to smart homes, smart devices and smart buildings.
The evolution toward a smarter grid is the most comprehensive, disruptive development to confront the energy business in more than a century. To help utilities realize the benefits of a more digital grid Siemens is looking for a Software Designer/Developer to work on the R&D of its Distributed Energy Management System (DEMS).
As a Software Designer/Developer you play a critical role in helping
Siemens achieve high performance in developing their distributed energy
management system and smart grid integration of this system. You will operate
alongside team members of the software development group, building new software
features and exploring new ways of solving complex problems related to the
- Develop and write code in Java or other object orientated languages following the team’s coding standards and development process
- Provide reliable and quality design to a variety of complex problems and requirements using sound problem solving techniques
- Utilize software development tools such as IDEs, configuration management system, build processes, etc. on a daily basis
- Estimate level of effort, evaluate design options, offer suggestions and improve processes, and provide comments on software design aspects
- Add value and collaborate with the team by participating in peer code reviews, providing comments and suggestions
What will you need to succeed?
- University Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Programming or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in software development
- 2+ years’ experience with Java based web development and Spring framework
- Experience with stream processing technologies such as Kafka
- Experience with NoSQL database management systems, such as Cassandra
- Experience with web services and Service Orientated Architecture
- Experience with object rational mapping technologies
- Experience with SQL databases including Oracle
- Experience with Agile Software Development process
- Full product/software development lifecycle experience
- Full stack development experience an asset
- Excellent Technical troubleshooter
- Excellent knowledge of English (spoken and written)
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure, Gas & Power, and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $565,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 50 non-profit organizations and planted 1,850 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada generates $2.2B in sales with 4,800 employees. Join our team of approximately 377,000 talented professionals in more than 200 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.