Are you looking for an opportunity to advance your career in a position that can impact the success of a global company while saving lives? Siemens is looking for an experienced fire service operations professional to work with our branch offices as they develop delivery capabilities across a portfolio of fire and life safety services. As a member of the fire business’s national team, the successful candidate will work with branch leadership teams to evaluate gaps in their service capabilities and develop action plans to close them in the areas of; portable fire extinguishers, kitchen hood suppression, clean agent suppression, emergency lights & exits signs, fire doors and others as required. This position reports directly to the Fire Segment Head of Siemens North America.
- Overall responsibility – Contribute to the growth and success of Siemens fire business through the development, rollout and support of value-add services, programs and tools in connection with the service side of the business. Advise on and implement industry/field best practices to improve products, applications, and services.
- Technical SME Support - Provide on-demand technical support as needed to field contacts in sales and operations. Apply expertise in the development of sales proposal scope and strategies for operational delivery of the fire and life safety service portfolio.
- Code Compliance – Apply knowledge of applicable codes (NFPA17, NFPA17a, NFPA10, NFPA96, NFPA2001, NFPA72, NFPA25, etc.) in providing guidance to field branch operations.
- Operations Support - Leverage fire and life safety operational experience to support fire service operations managers in the field building competitive delivery capabilities across the total fire and life safety scope. Assist branches with implementation of strategies for cross-training and deploying field technical staff with a focus on service delivery efficiencies and customer satisfaction.
- Team Collaboration - Foster communication and best practice sharing between sales representatives and other stakeholders within the field organization. Provide technical support for estimates and proposals.
- Sales Support – Provide technical and operational support for the sales teams, including proper pricing and scope of work definition for service agreement and service project opportunities. Support the development of code compliant scope in proposals to customers.
- Governance – Ensure the proper implementation of all company policies, procedures, and productivity tools where applicable. Maintain current knowledge and ensure compliance with regulatory laws and requirements. Act with a high level of integrity.
- Other Responsibilities – As events and opportunities evolve, other responsibilities will be assigned based on skill sets and the overall needs of the fire team.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Subject Matter Expertise - The successful candidate needs to be recognized as a true Subject Matter Expert (SME) on the application, operation, testing and maintenance of all forms of fire suppression including clean agent suppression, portable fire extinguishing equipment, kitchen hood systems and emergency lights. Additional knowledge of fire alarm systems and water-based fire protection systems such as sprinkler systems, fire pumps, back flow preventers and other fire protection assets would be a plus.
- Qualifications – NICET level II in Special Hazard Suppression (level III preferred). High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam required. Bachelor's Degree in related discipline preferred. Other related certificates and work experience considered.
- Experience – Minimum of eight years of combined operations experience across the fire portfolio working in the field and managing day-to-day service operations.
- Code Knowledge - Must possess a strong working knowledge of NFPA code requirements for inspection, testing and maintenance of each of the listed systems and assets (NFPA17, NFPA17a, NFPA10, NFPA96, NFPA2001, NFPA72, NFPA25, etc.).
- Leadership & Work Ethic - A strong work ethic and leadership skills with the ability to build effective relationships with field sales and operations contacts is required. Must have a positive outlook and strong desire to help others succeed.
- Team Player - A team player with a customer focus, comfortable working in a team environment participating in and leading business initiatives and projects. A self-starter and independent thinker able to identify and act on business needs with minimal direction. Effective working cross-functionally in a matrix management environment.
- Communication - Strong communications skills; listening, presenting, proposing and negotiating. Proficiency using MS Office tools (Power Point, Excel, Word, Outlook). Demonstrate proactive communication and follow-up.
- Travel 40-50% (US and Canada).
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions, and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.