Wind Service Technician- Rotors / Main Bearings
Join one of the world’s leading suppliers of wind power solutions, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy as a Traveling Field Service Technician for Wind Power Services!
Demand for electricity generated from renewable sources is growing fast, and Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has the answers. As one of the market leaders, we combine technological innovations, experience, and expertise to deliver readily available, one-stop solutions and have a proven track record of successfully delivering wind power projects on all continents.
Siemengs Gamesa Renewable Energy is searching for advanced turbine technicians that are willing and capable of leading and / or being part of our Heavy Lifts and Large Corrective teams. Our compensation structuring will fit the experience level and is more than competitive in the market.
• Ability to analyze and resolve problems independently and efficiently
• Provide excellent service to our customers
• Work in stressful, dangerous situations, and participate in the development of new field procedures and best practices
• Actively work on wind turbine projects
• Flexible travel schedule, with up to 100% travel
Candidates must have previous experience in the following:
• Experience operating or working with a Liftra Crane
• Experience performing Gearbox exchanges on Wind Turbines.
• Wind turbine construction / erection / Large Correctives
•Experience- flagging cranes for Wind Turbine erections / repairs.
• Hoisting main components (nacelles, rotors, blades, gearboxes, drivetrain, etc.)
• Must have 1 year of Wind Technician experience or 6 months in a related program paired with 6 months on a wind site
• Physically and mentally able to work suspended from heights and in confined spaces
• Must meet body weight restrictions of 265 lbs. or less as required by the equipment safety regulations
• Must pass a physical administered by a medical examiner to ensure ability to safely perform the job functions and meet the physical demands of the position
• Must have clean driving record and pass pre-hire drug screening
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Willing to travel up to 100%
• Work a flexible work schedule
• The Wind Service Travel Technician position requires 100% travel so qualified candidates must live within 50 miles of a major airport.
• Driving is an essential function of the job and applicants must have a valid driver’s license at the time of application with an acceptable driving record. Employees must maintain a valid license and acceptable driving record and may be subject to periodic DMV checks of their license.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Our company offers GSA rates for per diem tax free to be deposited to the bank account of your choosing. Flights, hotels, rental cars, and baggage are covered on a company provided American Express card so the employee will never be responsible travel expenses out of pocket.
New salary structure in place with multiple levels of opportunities to progress and receive salary adjustments based on field accomplishments, leadership capabilities, and performance.
SGRE Heavy Lifts additional benefits:
1. Vast opportunities for career & salary advancements (Lead technician, Operator, Troubleshooter, Field Service Engineer)
2. Guaranteed 40 hours per week with 100% salary
3. Salary paid bi-weekly for the entire year so the technician and their families will always receive a check whether they are working in the field or on home leave or PTO.
4. Overtime applicable a. Double time pay can be earned every day.
5. Performance compensations
6. Interim trips scheduled every 25-30 days
7. Hotel & rental or assigned vehicle provided by SGRE
8. Guaranteed per diem based on project location according to GSA Rates specific to job location.
9. Annual equipment allowance (boots & luggage)
10. Flexible holiday scheduling
11. Opportunities to work outside of country
12. Opportunities to cross train on multiple turbine platforms
13. Opportunities to work on OOEM technologies.