Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Meeting the need for smart mobility solutions
We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions.
The objective of the quality manager (QM) is to implement tasks from the quality strategy which the quality manager head (QMH) has finalized with the responsible management groups.
In particular, the focus lies on improving and maintaining a functioning quality management system and on ensuring a high level of product and process quality (especially for manufacturing).
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- The quality manager provides advice with regard to the quality management system and quality methods (quality assurance measures for manufacturing) and supports all organizational units involved within his or her area of responsibility in all issues relating to the improvement process, required change management, standardization for processes and products, as well as standards and rules. In individual instances, he or she supports standalone projects which are executed within the context of quality task force. With his or her advice and together with the units involved, he or she ensures that the measures resulting from audits, revisions, Non Conformance Costs (NCC) Management, continuous improvement (Lessons Learned), Complaint Management, etc. have a long-term effect.
- Functional management of certain quality bodies and any quality-related roles within his or her area of responsibility
- Assurance of the qualifications of quality-related roles within his or her area of responsibility
- Adherence to the quality requirements of the company / Division / BU quality modules, and assurance of the necessary processes for certification in line with DIN EN ISO 9001 and IRIS
- Capturing of requirements and changes relating to all quality issues and communication within the context of the quality bodies
- Internal and external representation for quality compliance within his or her area of responsibility
- Intervention and escalation in the event of any non-agreement or non-compliance with the stipulated product and system quality and with rules and quality-related procedures; this also includes the usage of any necessary expertise
- Initiation of corrective action in the event of any quality variances
- Reporting in line with requirements, depending on his or her area of responsibility, to the management group of the Division, Business Unit, Business Segment or quality organization.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- You have Bachelors degree in engineering, preferably in electrical / electronics engineering;
- You carry 5-10 years of experience in railway signaling
- You are fluent in English.
- You are ready to relocate anywhere in India.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Pune. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/in/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Internet of Things
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time