Shape the future of a growing business and make your mark in our exciting world !
Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries to adapt and evolve the way we live and work. As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees.
Our environment is very dynamic, balancing multiple opportunities across many territories. It's an opportunity to do something meaningful that benefits society and human progress.
We are seeking a Business Unit Head to manage and drive our two Business Units ; Distribution Systems (SI DS) and Digital Grid (SI DG) which is built on a long history of expertise and technology. Reporting to the CEO of Siemens, Qatar and Lead Country UAE, you will lead highly engaged teams by providing strategic vision and leadership to implement ongoing projects and drive growth for an excellent product portfolio.
You will drive the overall management and Profit / Loss of the BU in the country of Qatar, implementing strategies, long and short-term business plans to improve market share and to build up the necessary competencies and synergies with other business units.
What are my responsibilities ?
In this role you would be responsible for all our medium voltage air and gas insulated switchgear, breaker and busbar trunking systems and solutions, as well as electrical grid control, protection, smart metering and digital substation applications.
- Lead the teams to achieve the financial business targets agreed with Headquarter / Lead Country Business Unit Management; This will include drawing up and agreeing Business Target Agreements (BTAs) for the local Business Units and New order planning in compliance with the Business Unit regulations.
- Develop strategy for the Siemens Distribution Systems and Digital Grid businesses in Qatar, aligned with the regional organization and ensure implementation. These strategies could include defining target markets / segments and/or develop specific approaches to enter / grow in these market segments. Strong focus must be placed on the development of the existing and future in-house developed applications.
- Show expert knowledge of the product portfolio and full understanding of the Qatar market, customer needs, partner activity and use this knowledge to forecast realistic sales/marketing activities to achieve business targets; Maintaining the sales database, ensuring the quality of market data and trends. Consistent, realistic and clear monthly planning and forecasting is a must.
- Define / implement and monitor price strategy / pricing guidelines in accordance with SI DS and SI DG worldwide price guidelines / strategies.
- Suggest and implement any marketing initiatives, including ‘roll-out’ of new products launches and demonstrate its effectiveness.
- Assessment and development of the regional sales competencies, in particular for your team, and ensure active employee engagement through development, training and in-house initiatives.
- Ensure strict adherence to compliance and business conduct guidelines, and other business processes throughout the organization.
Your qualifications and skills – digital and solid
- University Degree (technical), preferably in electrical Engineering.
- 8 plus years of relevant experience; in electrical projects / sub-stations / electrical grids / smart grids, preferably in the Middle East region
- 5 years of experience in a Management role. Should be able to flourish working in large multicultural teams
- Very strong sales acumen, collaborates well with teams, pro-active and has excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
What else do I need to know...
Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talent and experiences makes us more ambitious and better prepared to respond successfully to the demands of the Society. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens W.L.L.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time