As Specialist Engineer you will be responsible for realizing the hardware designs from our crane products in a profound and professional way and securing respective lessons learned into the entire Cranes organization. Furthermore, you are responsible for maintaining our hardware library at an excellent industry level standard. You will work within Digital Industries.
“We make real what matters”
is one of the global key players in the crane electrification, automation and digitalization business. More than 5000 container cranes world-wide are driven by Siemens automation technology.
Industry 4.0, Big Data, The Internet of (Every)Thing(s), Smart Industry, global trends which are particular applicable to crane solutions. With the development of sensor technology and increased inter connectivity, the historical manual crane operation shifts rapidly to fully digital and flexible terminal operation. The first fully automated Siemens terminal is operational and this blueprint is transferred to automate other terminals worldwide.
Siemens Cranes offers with her cutting edge soft- and hardware-solutions, one integral digital platform for highly customized harbor and automatic guided vehicles (AGVs) solutions. Simulations with digital twins and fully remote controlled cranes are only a few of the Siemens Cranes developments.
To enforce the team, the department Cranes is searching for an experienced colleague with broad knowhow and interest in drive technology, automation and digitalization.
“What does this role feel like?”
You will work together with the Cranes department in The Netherlands and Germany. You will have close contact with the sales, project management and engineering teams. As Specialist Engineer you will report to Pieter van der Plas, head of engineering in The Netherlands.
You will be responsible for:
- Support the components, system or solution designer in realizing detailed technical solutions independently taking over subtasks
- Actively participate in the development of automation solutions for harbor cranes;
- Contribute to the overall design in cooperation with the responsible design engineer
- The detail engineering of projects
- Supports the commissioning and acceptance tests
- May cooperate with specialists of other disciplines or faculties, may coordinate the technical interfaces
- Track, document and report development progress regularly
- Participate in our lean approach to project engineering by identifying efficiencies in what we do.
“What do you need to make real what matters?
- a bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering with specialization drive technology and automation
- Profound knowledge of E-plan version min. V2.5 and several years of project experience
- technical and commercial knowledge of engineering of low voltage distribution panels, making multiline diagrams based onto prepared single line diagram, Cabinet lay-outs, terminations, terminal numbering, imensioning of electrical circuits, such as wire sizing and PLC I/O slaves integration, defining and connections
- a chameleon who is able to adapt to different cultures
- a team player, with motivational skills to deliver under time pressure
- you speak fluently Dutch and English in writing and speaking
- if you have international service experience, it is recommended.
“We have quite a lot to offer, but what’s in it for you?”
Working at Siemens is truly rewarding. Not only because of what you can contribute, but also because of the benefits we offer you to make your work and life more enjoyable, more flexible and more exciting.
We continuously strive to strengthen our position, and we are therefore looking for bright minds eager to join a dynamic, international organization offering unique opportunities for its employees. Therefor we offer you:
- A good salary and profit sharing
- 40 days' holiday days per year
- Enthusiastic and fun colleagues
- A very divers team with people from different countries and backgrounds
- You will be part of an international brand and network
- Continuous development opportunities
- Fitness and seated massage opportunities during or after work.
“We don’t need superheroes, but super minds”
Don't wait any longer: click the "Apply" button now - we really want to meet you!
If you have any questions, please contact Marianne van Ruyven, tel. 06 1020 4360.
The application procedure includes screening and an assessment.
Please do not make use of this vacancy as an acquisition opportunity.