Do you want to help create the future of healthcare? Our name, Siemens Healthineers, was selected to honor our people who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause. It reflects their pioneering spirit combined with our long history of engineering in the ever-evolving healthcare industry.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with
opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and
professionally. Sound interesting?
Then come and join our global team as doctoral candidate (m/f/d) in the area of magnetic resonance (MR) to drive forward the development of acquisition and reconstruction techniques for cardiovascular MR imaging.
position is part-time and limited to max. 36 months to fill.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- You develop novel acquisition and reconstruction methods for the measurement of hemodynamics in the cardiovascular system
- You publish your results in scientific journals and present them at international conferences
- You implement pulse sequences and reconstruction algorithms on MRI systems and apply them in volunteers as well as in patient studies
- You collaborate with development teams as well as with internal clinical and technical scientific partners to optimize the methods
- You maintain close contact with the academic faculty of your supervising university
To find out more about the specific business, have a look at Magnetic Resonance Imaging.
Your qualifications and experience:
- You hold a master's degree in physics, biomedical engineering, medical engineering, electrical engineering or computer science
- You possess in-depth knowledge of MR physics and you ideally have experience in MR imaging techniques
- You have gained advanced skills in programming with C++, preferably combined with experience in MR sequence programming (ideally with MR-IDEA and MR-ICE)
- You also provide good knowledge of digital image processing with MatLab and/or Python
Your attributes and skills:
- You are willing to undertake occasional international business trips, which may involve spending several weeks carrying out research with scientific partners
- As you will be working with international colleagues, partners and scientific communities, you must be fluent in written and spoken English
- You are keen to play your part in our team's varied range of activities
- Today is about tomorrow: You bring innovative ideas and passion for healthcare
- You are confident in presenting your ideas and findings convincingly in cross-functional development teams
Our global team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. 50,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Our culture embraces different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge convention. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we invite you to take on new challenges, test your ideas, and celebrate success.
Check our Careers Site at www.healthcare.siemens.de/careers
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from individuals with disabilities. Applications from individuals with disabilities
Wish to find out more before applying? Contact us: +49 (9131) / 17 – 1717, if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Larissa Knapp.
We care about your data privacy and take compliance with GDPR as well as other data protection legislation seriously. For this reason, we ask you not to send us your CV or resume by email. We ask instead that you create a profile in our talent community where you can upload your CV. Setting up a profile lets us know you are interested in career opportunities with us and makes it easy for us to send you an alert when relevant positions become open. Click here to get started.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare GmbH
Experience Level: Recent College Graduate
Job Type: Part-time