Senior Commercial Manager
Do you want to be part of an award-winning company that puts its people at the centre of everything it does? Come and join a company that is ranked by Glassdoor as one of the top 30 places to work in the UK! Siemens Mobility – Rail Infrastructure.
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join us as a Senior Commercial Manager based in Chippenham working for Siemens Rail Infrastructure
As Senior Commercial Manager you will provide a dedicated and complete pre and post contract commercial management service, and act as primary interface to customers and stakeholders, for a portfolio of assigned projects. This role will be accountable for safeguarding the commercial, financial, contractual and legal interests of the business relating to a portfolio of projects within a defined P&L. Act as a primary contact to the customers and business stakeholders in the respect of commercial and contractual advice and guidance in the day to day operation of business with a focus on optimizing cash and margin.
What are my responsibilities?
· Primary responsibility for negotiating contract changes, ad hoc agreements, claims and variations, as well as monthly applications for payment and final accounts, processing of letters of credit, export credit guarantees, etc, in conjunction with the project management teams
· Responsible for all external negotiation in respect of variations to achieve commercially advantageous outcomes within delegated authority
· Develop work bank for areas and develop relationships with customers to bring works to the market in line with P&L center forecasts
· Provide support and advice to the project management teams on matters such as contract compliance, contract awareness, contract change management, claims, variations, legal and financial matters, liaising where necessary with other specialist advisors and Centre’s of Expertise within the business and the Siemens organisation at large
· Establish and maintain interfaces with key internal functions and with appropriate levels within the client project organization
· Identify, communicate and manage through to completion, scopes of work to be undertaken by Centres of Expertise
· Maximise project and business profitability throughout the project lifecycle delivered through professional commercial management
· Agree and deliver an effective commercial management strategy with the project management team and the Centres of Expertise for assigned projects
· Develop commercial understanding and competence across the project management community
· Liaise closely with other Commercial Managers ensuring the consistent use of best practice contract and commercial techniques across the company
· Support development of commercial competence across the commercial community
· Develop long-term proactive relationships with customers and project managers and project teams
· Manage the commercial risk review systems
· Establish and maintain cost/value management systems
· Provide commercial reports as required
· Support the Senior Commercial Managers in the production of client reports
· Ensure all commercial processes and document control complies with the appropriate company standards and governance
· Manage contract administration in accordance with the contract
· Maintain complete commercial contractual records
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Degree qualified or equivalent and/or hold or working towards professional qualification (RICS, IACCM or similar) (essential)
- Strong track record in a high value post contract management environment and position, ideally gained in a similar or related industry e.g. rail, defence, construction, IT etc. (essential)
- Excellent negotiation skills, coupled with practical experience and an in-depth understanding of the best ways in which to maximize the mutual benefits to be gained from the effective and commercial interpretation of contracts (essential)
- Experience in Alliance contracting (essential)
- Good customer facing skills, as well as experience of being actively involved as a team member in high-value, complex bid teams, ideally with experience of proposal and tender writing (essential)
- Understanding of the technical, contractual and financial requirements of the commercial management role and their inter-relationship (essential)
- Confident and able to deal externally and internally at senior levels (essential)
- Ability to operate effectively within a team environment (essential)
- Experience of working in a matrix working environment (essential)
- Experience of working within a project environment (essential)
- Company wide remit involving regular travel and overnight stays (essential)
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 381,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time