- Gather information from (prospective) customers and industry sources with respect to proposed finance transactions, including but not limited to D&B, Paynet and personal credit reports.
- Review and analyze customer financial statements and tax returns.
- Prepare Credit and Risk Rating Reports for proposed transactions.
- Establish customer borrowing limits and structure higher risk transactions, as needed.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and developments.
- Obtain a proficient knowledge of the SFS Credit Policy and Procedures, Risk Rating Methodologies and Transaction Risk Assessment.
- Analyze mid ticket transactions in Vendor/Industrial sector. Analysis will include financial assessment and risk rating, debt capacity analysis, business model assessment, business plan analysis, sensitivity analysis, risk analysis, impact of document negotiations upon risk, and other analysis as the transaction dictates.
- Review and interpret external rating agency reports.
- Spread and analyze customer financial statements.
- Prepare Credit and Risk Rating Reports.
- Conduct in person and phone credit due diligence
- Interact with and support sales colleagues and management.
- Participate in any documentation negotiations with (prospective) customers. Work closely with Lease Administration and the Legal Department on documentation issues.
- Provide assistance and complete tasks and project as needed and as the Risk Department may require.
- Maintain data integrity and compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Communicate credit decisions to internal and contacts.
- Update and maintain key customer information including financial information and lending limits.
- BA or BS degree in finance, business or a related field.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of small ticket and/or middle market credit underwriting experience in a commercial (non-consumer) environment in Industrial markets such as Machine Tool, Transportation, Construction and Manufacturing. Completion of formal bank credit training program strongly preferred.
- Ability to work independently and to make logical and confident lending recommendations and decisions.
- Good interpersonal/communication skills and ability to develop and maintain good internal and external customer relationships.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (e.g. Excel, Word, Access, Powerpoint, etc.).
- Strong technical writing skills. Ability to present information in a concise, logical manner to support credit decisions and recommendations to senior management.
- Travel requirement is less than 10%.
- Formal bank training in Lending/Cash Flow.
- Experience in negotiating terms and conditions of transactional documents.
Siemens AG (Berlin and Munich) is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 170 years. The company is active around the globe, focusing on the areas of power generation and distribution, intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems, and automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Through the separately managed company Siemens Mobility, a leading supplier of smart mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is shaping the world market for passenger and freight services. Due to its majority stakes in the publicly listed companies Siemens Healthineers AG and Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Siemens is also a world-leading supplier of medical technology and digital healthcare services as well as environmentally friendly solutions for onshore and offshore wind power generation. In fiscal 2018, which ended on September 30, 2018, Siemens generated revenue of €83.0 billion and net income of €6.1 billion. At the end of September 2018, the company had around 379,000 employees worldwide. Further information is available on the Internet at www.siemens.com.
Organization: Financial Services
Company: Siemens Financial Services, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.