Making manufacturing smarter.
The manufacturing industry is facing a significant transformation process and we want to ensure the industry's success in the future. To do so, we need forward-thinkers who have an eye for the bigger picture; and clever minds looking for answers. Help us get the manufacturing industry ready for the future of automation and digitalization.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Solve the worlds most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018 and Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019.
What will you do?
The Journeyman Machinist / Millwright role directly contributes and supports the repair operations of the Canadian Service Centers through the inspection and repair of Dresser-Rand & Siemens legacy rotating equipment. It directly impacts the Service Center business by providing client billable man-hours on work in the shop. The position will work closely with the Machinists and other Millwrights in the steam turbine and reciprocating compressor departments to complete jobs within the clients’ time frame under the mentorship of the Leadhand.
· Ensure work safety and follow all rules and procedures; work area is kept clean and organized
· Complete all required safety training
· Report all Near Misses, First Aids and Incidents to Supervisor
· Conduct Process / Behaviour Audits (PDAs) and report any safety concerns observed
· Attend and participate in all safety meetings; Attend and participate in all toolbox meetings
· Required to use all hand tooling, torches, milling machines and boring mills, precision measuring equipment and rigging; there is also overhead and crane use
· Perform preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, diagnosis and repair of mechanical equipment issues
· Complete all jobs in a timely manner
· Support Lead Hand Millwright and / or Machinist in all functional areas
· Verify measurements of other Machinists’ work to meet ISO requirements
Fill required work documents
including: Specification in Process Record, Daily Work Progress, Assessments,
Routings, Timesheets, etc.
What will you need to succeed?
- Minimum 2 years of Journeyman Machinist and / or Millwright experience
- Journeyman Certification in either machining or millwrighting
- Must be able to lift 30 kg / 75 lbs
- Strong attention to detail
- Previous rotating equipment experience preferred
- Ability to read and follow blueprints preferred
- Ability to disassemble, inspect, repair and reassemble rotating equipment
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure, Gas & Power, and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $565,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 50 non-profit organizations and planted 1,850 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada generates $2.2B in sales with 4,800 employees. Join our team of approximately 377,000 talented professionals in more than 200 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand Canada, ULC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.