SIEMENS Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. SI addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
Are you passionate about solving some of the world's most pressing challenges and making buildings smarter, more efficient, and more productive? Are you interested in developing your career path within a global technology powerhouse which empowers employee creativity to change, challenge, and influence our business and customer relationships?
This is the career for you!
- Excellent Benefits package including, medical/dental/vision/life, matching dollar-for-dollar 401K up to 6%, generous Paid Time Off, all of which start from Day One of employment.
- A Career ladder leading into an external Sales Executive position with Siemens.
The Branch Sales Estimator reports to the Branch General Manager in Anchorage Alaska. The Branch Sales Estimator supports Branch growth and productivity of the local sales team. The Branch Sales Estimator will primarily support Building Automation segments of the Smart Infrastructure portfolio. The Branch Sales Estimator will specifically support the following:
Test & Inspection Deficiencies – This role will produce proposals and estimates for customers for deficiencies noted during Test and Inspection service.
- Follow-Up on Deficiencies – This position will actively track deficiencies quotes and follow-up with customers on deficiency quotes.
- Automation Controller Upgrades – This role will produce the scope, proposal, and estimate for Siemens Automation Controller hardware upgrades.
- Smart Building Platform Upgrades – This role will produce the scope, proposal, and estimate to upgrade Siemens user interface software to the latest Industry Leading Smart Building platform by Siemens, called Desigo Command Center (Desigo CC).
Take lead and complete sales cost estimates, price quotations for sales team including project take-offs, specification interpretation, and associated activities.
- Collect information from other functions, vendors, and subcontractors to complete sales quotations.
- Attend job meetings and site walk-throughs to gain deeper project and customer knowledge and assists sales team(s) in configuring systems including constructing riser diagrams and also obtaining quotes from outside vendors for ancillary products and services, as needed.
- Quote, track, and sell deficiency repairs for fire alarm and fire sprinkler based on inspection reports.
- Branch SME for scoping, estimating, and proposal generation for Siemens Automation controller upgrades.
- Branch SME for scoping, estimating, and proposal generation for Siemens Smart Building Platform, Desigo Command Center (Desigo CC).
- Complete customer report requests.
- Process new accounts in Salesforce.
- Participate in sales and operations meetings as necessary.
- Gather cost information from subcontractors and internal sources.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Required education: Bachelor’s Degree, Engineering or technical field.
- Required experience: Direct experience not required. Without experience candidate must be able to comprehend and explain labor and material associated with construction project delivery, primarily electrical infrastructure required for Building Automation
- Required travel: 5%
- Other Requirements:
- Proficient with written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Must be able to work in the U.S. without the current or future need for work sponsorship.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Preferred education: Bachelor’s Degree, Mechanical Engineering
- Preferred experience: Two years of field and sales in the Building Controls & Automation industry.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.