We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
· Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
· Solve the worlds most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
· Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
· Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
· Competitive total rewards package.
· Profit sharing available.
· Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
· Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
· Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
· Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
· Employee perks and discounts.
· Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018 and Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019.
What will you do?
· Manage, develop and implement tax strategies that optimize Siemens Canada’s competitive position and minimize risk in a complex legislative environment
· Assist in the management and oversight of the Corporate Tax Compliance and Consulting for Divisions and Entities of Siemens in Canada.
· Assist in timely filing of all corporate Canadian Provincial/Federal and US Federal/State returns tax returns for all Siemens entities in Canada.
· Update, analyze, maintain, and timely file transfer-pricing documentation, including benchmarking, for Siemens in Canada ensuring conformity with CRA’s legislation and German ZRG guidelines
· Perform quarterly financial reviews of all Siemens business units and affiliates to proactively address EBIT ranges and ensure transfer prices comply.
· Assist in the timely filing of all sales tax and VAT Tax returns both Canadian and Foreign for all Siemens entities in Canada
· Ensure completion of income tax provision for Canadian entities
· Assist to provide consulting services to all divisions of Siemens Canada Limited and other affiliates and provide advise and solutions to business problems encompassing income tax, accounting, legal, sales tax and general business issues
· Assist to manage and control taxes paid by Siemens Canada Limited and affiliated companies
· Assist with federal and provincial income tax and sales tax audits. Assist to develop strategies to reduce income tax exposure for Siemens in Canada.
· Assist to implement CF T Circulars and Procedures into Tax Compliance and Consulting functions and develop Canadian specific procedures in accordance with RIC requirements.
· Assist with the management budget of Tax Compliance and Consulting Group by monitoring expenditures, managing accruals and identifying / achieving recoveries.
· Assist to develop and facilitate divisional training programs on legislative changes and train staff within the taxation department.
· Perform other special duties and projects as required
· Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting
· Accounting designation preferred
· Minimum 6-8 years of Canadian tax and transfer pricing experience
· Experience with IFRS
· High proficiency in SAP and MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Think-Cell).
· High level of critical and logical thinking, analytical skills, and reasoning to identify key risk factors and drivers.
· Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, rapidly changing and dynamic work environment.
· Excellent presentation and communication skills both written and verbal with ability to collaborate effectively with different stakeholders
· Ability to interpret large amounts of financial data and complex processes and summarize it to present meaningful information to senior management.
· Ability to take initiative and be proactive in owning projects and processes, working independently with minimal supervision.
· Excellent negotiation and risk management skills
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure, Gas & Power, and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $565,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 50 non-profit organizations and planted 1,850 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada generates $2.2B in sales with 4,800 employees. Join our team of approximately 377,000 talented professionals in more than 200 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under
consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Controlling and Finance
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.