We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
· Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
· Solve the worlds most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
· Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
· Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
· Competitive total rewards package.
· Profit sharing available.
· Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
· Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
· Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
· Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
· Employee perks and discounts.
· Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018 and Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019.
What will you do?
Corporate Law Clerk will be part of the Legal Department of Siemens Canada Limited.
The Senior Corporate Law Clerk will support on a wide range of corporate
governance matters relating to Siemens Canada Limited and other Siemens’ affiliates
who carry on business in Canada and provide support to the Legal team as needed
on various initiatives within the organization.
- Update and maintain corporate records and minute books for Siemens’ affiliates in Canada and ensure documents comply with the applicable legislation (e.g. draft documents to effect changes in directors/officers, file annual returns, prepare annual resolutions, etc.).
- Manage extra-provincial filings and correspond with external counsel on filings (annual and amendments) for Siemens affiliates in Canada.
- Serve as the “corporate memory” of Siemens’ Canadian affiliates by tracking all corporate actions, including all historical corporate reorganizations, amalgamations, etc., liaising with Siemens Shareholder Controlling as appropriate.
- Prepare powers of attorney, officer’s certificates, incumbency certificates and similar instruments.
- Prepare authorising resolutions for commercial transactions.
- Draft annual and special resolutions of shareholders and annual board of director’s resolutions, working with external counsel as required.
- Coordinate and manage various corporate governance needs.
- Conduct corporate searches and analyze filings.
- Assist Siemens Treasury with the opening and maintenance of bank accounts and KYC requests and requirements.
- Respond to Auditor enquiries in coordination with Siemens Finance.
- Work with Corporate Lawyers to support the formation, amalgamation, continuance and dissolution of legal entities.
- Support on the corporate aspects of M&A transactions, including post-closing reorganizations.
- Other functions and responsibilities as determined by the needs of the Legal Department including participation in various special projects and initiatives.
- Completion of Law Clerk program accredited by The Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario
- Minimum 6 years of law clerk/paralegal experience, preferably with a major corporate law firm or at an in-house corporate law department of a major corporation.
- and other Canadian corporate laws, rules and regulations.
- Ability to independently manage corporate governance and secretarial matters including maintenance of minute books.
- Experience with domestic and foreign extra-provincial registrations and licenses.
- Ability to independently draft complex legal documents and related correspondence.
- Strong computer and administrative skills; knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Teams; familiar with SharePoint.
- Exemplary organizational skills and keen attention to detail.
- Self starter with ability to prioritize and independently manage a demanding workload involving multiple tasks, responsibilities and deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including ability to handle difficult or sensitive information in a tactful and confidential manner.
- Familiarity with Canadian Integrity Regimes is an asset.
- Very positive and friendly demeanor with a dynamic work ethic that is driven by performance excellence and ownership culture.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure, Gas & Power, and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $565,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 50 non-profit organizations and planted 1,850 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada generates $2.2B in sales with 4,800 employees. Join our team of approximately 377,000 talented professionals in more than 200 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Legal and Compliance
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.