The Project Engineer will be responsible for the development of, and modification to, custom Low & Medium Voltage Switchgear Control & Distribution Systems.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. The Broken Arrow plant is focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles and digital factory technology to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
- Review Sales Order Entry Packages (Specifications, Drawings, Bill of Materials, etc.) to develop Project - - Submittals (Physical Detail Drawings, System Descriptions, Bill of Materials, Etc.).
- Participate in Pre-Submittal and Submittal Review Meetings as required to obtain Project releases.
- Development of Project Schematics.
- Work with other departments (Electrical, Mechanical, Programming, Purchasing, etc.) to provide releases to the Production Floor.
- Provide ongoing support to the Test and Field Service Departments.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Provide an estimated completion schedule for every project and assignment.
- Complete all projects in a timely manner.
- Participates in the continuous improvement of the department standards.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Education:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (or Applicable field) or equivalent combination of formal education, training and experience.
2. Minimum of three years’ experience in the design of electrical power control circuits with a strong understanding of diesel generator control and switchgear system operation.
3. Strong background in PLC based and relay control logic, electrical metering, protective relaying, and SCADA systems.
4. Ability to interpret schematics, wiring prints, point lists, and other documentation.
5. Experience with Windows, Word, AutoCad, and Promis∙e software.
6. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
7. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
8. Ability to thrive in a diverse environment with minimal supervision.
9. Ability to travel 15%.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.