Title: Lead Engineer - Product Management
Organization: SHS TE DC IND DI-DH TPF
The Product Owner is responsible for the definition and delivery of a part of a product from a customer and market requirement point of view - regarding content, prioritization, quality and customer excitement for a given cost and time frame.
• Responsible for a part of the product through the product life cycle from the definition to the phase-out.
• Provides the associated development teams with priorities and expertise regarding the product and ensures completeness and consistency of the derived requirements within the part of the product.
• Elicit and collect stakeholder requests
• Analyze and prioritize Market Requirements
• Derive, prioritize and communicate Software Requirements
• Create Software Requirement Specifications (e.g. user-stories)
• Clarify development team's questions and resolve conflict regarding features and requirements
• Analyze and decide complaints / defects.
• Achieve commitments with and motivate development teams, assist development teams in attaining maximum effective sustainable pace for development
• Ensure quality by evaluating results of iterations and either approve / accept or reject results based on DONEness criteria
• Support effort estimations of development teams
• Analyze change request entries and prioritize with other product backlog items
• Coordinate cross-feature-area development with peers to facilitate prioritized product development
• Deliver input for project planning & execution.
• Support roll-out of the system, presentation, workshops, training for sales and engineering
Internal Interactions: Product Line Manager, Product Manager, Project Lead, Quality Manager, Risk Manager, Development Team (e. g. Scrum Master, System Analyst, Architects, Developers, Testers, etc.), Usability Engineer, SCM (Enabling) & Customer Service teams, Technical Writers, etc.
External Interactions: Customers – Radiologists, Radiology Technicians, Hospital Administrators, IT Administrators etc.
Qualification : BE / B.Tech / MCA or equivalent
Experience level: 10+ years in mainstream software development, with significant exposure in Healthcare - Imaging domain
Desired Knowledge & Experience:
• Sound knowledge of Clinical Workflows and Healthcare IT, especially in the area of Radiology.
• Thorough experience in Requirements Engineering and feature definition activities.
• Good understanding of software systems categorized as Medical Device
• Basic understanding of Legal regulations and standards applicable for medical devices, affecting safety aspects
• Product Lifecycle Management
• Healthcare Industry standards like DICOM and IHE
Required Soft-skills & Other Capabilities:
• Drive and motivation towards gaining business success in Healthcare IT products / devices
• Decision making skills and ability to balance customer expectations alongside engineering team capacity
• Excellent communication, global team interactions in an inter-cultural environment
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team context