Siemens Rail Infrastructure are recruiting for a Senior Test and Commissioning Engineer for our Rail Telecoms business. Reporting to the Test and Commissioning Manager, the Senior Test and Commissioning Engineer undertakes test and commissioning activities of Rail Fixed Telecoms projects around the UK within agreed timescales and budgeted costs, and is responsible for its contribution to overall business performance.
We have multiple locations throughout the UK and would consider candidates based out of London, York, Birmingham, Ashby De-La-Zouch, Glasgow and Manchester.
What will be my Responsibilities?
- Delivery of Fixed Telecoms test and commissioning activities to the agreed time, cost, quality and performance requirements.
- Supervise Fixed Telecoms test and commissioning engineering activity to deliver system development and implementation, including sub-contractors and test equipment.
- Undertake the role of Tester In Charge (TIC) on Fixed Telecoms Projects.
- Regularly reporting test and commissioning task progress and status.
- Production and implementation of test and commissioning documentation deliverables to meet
- Fixed Telecoms project Test Strategy requirements.
- Plan test and commissioning facility/equipment requirements and working areas
- Provide test and commissioning knowledge to projects during testing as required
- Support estimating for engineering projects and tenders with regard to test and commissioning engineering resources, plans, technology, risk and process.
- Witness testing where necessary, review and sign off test results to confirm successful testing completion.
- Checking that all plant and equipment required to be safety inspected, maintained or tested is currently certified and that site records are kept
- Identifying and reporting project scope change
- Maintain and develop own professional competence and encouraging and assisting persons working under their supervision similarly.
- Ensure that persons working under their supervision are briefed on their duties and competent to carry out tasks assigned to them and that they accept personal responsibility for work done under the authority delegated to them.
- Ensure the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and work instructions are applied throughout the test and commissioning engineering life cycle.
- Application of standard test and commissioning documentation and specifications to support Fixed Telecoms test and commissioning needs
- Ensure Fixed Telecoms test and commissioning tasks are delivered in accordance with
- Siemens Mobility Safety and Quality procedures and meet all applicable legislative, safety and customer requirements.
- Ensure Fixed Telecoms test and commissioning tasks are delivered and undertaken in accordance with customer Health and Safety procedures and requirements including main line rail, light rail and mass transit environments.
- Maintain and develop good relationships with internal and external customers, industry associations, suppliers and Partners.
What Qualifications and Experience do I need for this role?
- HNC/HND or equivalent in relevant subject
- IRSE License in relevant category (Telecoms Testing)
- Proven experience in Telecoms Tester In Charge (TIC) role for Safety Related Telecoms and Operational Telecoms projects.
- An engineering background with previous experience in a relevant Fixed Telecoms test and commissioning engineering environment.
- Supervision and delivery of test and commissioning tasks for implementation projects within the Main Line, Mass Transit and Light Rail environment.
- Proven success leading and motivating a team of test and commissioning engineers for effective test and commissioning of telecommunications systems.
- Experience and knowledge of implementation project engineering processes covering testing and commissioning.
- Knowledge of Safety Critical and Safety Related activities in the rail environment.
- Proven flexibility in the role as it requires an element of travelling and unsociable hours working which may include night working, weekend working and bank holiday working.
- Proven experience of supervising delivery of Operational Telecommunications systems test and commissioning activities in the rail environment.
- System and detailed knowledge of a substantial proportion of the following:
- Knowledge of BS7671 17th Edition wiring regulations desirable.
- Good knowledge of IT systems and software, especially Microsoft Office and Project.
- Good interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
- Good organisational, time management and problem solving skills.
- Network Rail Personal Track Safety / Individual Working Alone / Controller of Site Safety competency.
- Full UK Driving license
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time