Senior Quantity Surveyor - Birmingham
Do you want to be part of an award-winning company that puts its people at the centre of everything it does? Come and join a company that is ranked by Glassdoor as one of the top 30 places to work in the UK! Siemens Mobility – Rail Infrastructure.
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join us as a Senior Quantity Surveyor at Siemens Rail Infrastructure within Control Systems. This role is based in Birmingham, working on one of many prestigious projects we have been successful with. You will be responsible in this role to provide a dedicated and professional pre and post contract commercial management service. Act as primary interface to customers and stakeholders for your assigned projects.
What are my responsibilities?
- Responsibility for contract administration of assigned contracts
- Responsible for commercial management of various work packages as directed
- Responsible for input and delivery of client facing target cost reports
- Responsible for accurate cost and value reporting to both client and business needs in accordance with relevant processes
- Responsible for commercial risk management
- Interfaces with finance, project management, engineering and planning functions
- Ensures accurate and timely applications for payment and cash receipts
- Ensures contractual notices are issued in accordance with contractual timeframes
- Responsible for preparing and estimating contract changes / variations
- Provide support and advice to the project management teams on matters such as contract compliance, contract awareness, contract change management, claims, variations, legal and financial matters, liaising where necessary with other specialist advisors within the Siemens’ organization
- Establish and maintain interfaces with key internal functions and with appropriate levels within the client project organization
- Commercially manage throughout the project lifecycle to ensure business and client expectations are met and exceeded
- Maintain commercial awareness across the project management and engineering community
- Ensure all commercial processes and document control complies with the appropriate company standards and governance
- Responsible for maintaining auditable records in accordance with target cost contract requirement
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- Degree qualified or equivalent with demonstrable commercial management experience (essential)
- Strong track record in a high value post contract management environment and position, ideally gained in a similar or related industry e.g. rail, aerospace, defense, construction, IT etc. (essential)
- Excellent negotiation skills, coupled with practical experience and an in-depth understanding of the best ways in which to maximize the mutual benefits to be gained from the effective and commercial interpretation of contracts (essential)
- Good customer facing skills, as well as experience of being actively involved as a team member in high-value, complex bid teams, ideally with experience of proposal and tender writing (essential)
- Understanding of the technical, contractual and financial requirements of the commercial management role and their inter-relationship (essential)
- Confident and able to deal externally and internally at senior levels (essential)
- Ability to operate effectively within a team environment (essential)
- Experience of working in a matrix working environment (essential)
- Experience of working within a project environment (essential)
- Good financial and commercial acumen (essential)
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 381,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, and pension.
We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time