Procurement Project Manager
Siemens Healthineers are recruiting for an exciting opportunity for an experienced procurement professional to join our team. This is a home-based role, with frequent travel to client sites across the South of the UK.
Mission of Function
As the Project Procurement Manager you will be responsible for integrating procurement within the project management process and project teams at an early stage. You will be organising, controlling and monitoring a range of procurement activities within each project, whilst introducing procurement strategies and optimising the deployment of resources.
Daily Duties and responsibilities
- You will participate in project/sales meetings as project core team member to exert a shaping influence at an early stage and to optimise internal workflows and processes
- Establish proper sourcing processes and control all procurement resources and activities in the project
- Apply procurement regulations as per compliance and organisation standards
- Analyse customer inquiries during bid preparation / opportunity management phases and exactly understand the customer's functional needs
- Support project calculation with reliable material cost data
- Analyse scope of supply and contract agreements, carry out risk analyses and introduce negotiation recommendations
- Analyse sales and operations planning in respect of starting / new projects, assessing and controlling of material costs within the whole project business
- Derive procurement strategies in projects on the basis of Country-wide and Global-wide procurement strategies
- Head up contractual and price negotiations and/or support the specialist buyers responsible for particular material fields
- Clarify internal indicators for project controlling and compiling all relevant information to submit qualified reports
- Provide supplier information to the project and conduct project-specific supplier evaluations
- Identify particular procurement risks, opportunities and market forces during the project together with Commodity Management
What do you need to apply for this role?
- Proven experience of procurement within the healthcare / medical sector
- Experience of working within a complex / matrix organisation
- CIPS Graduate (or equivalent)
- Contractual awareness
- Solid, confident communication skills
- Strong analysis skills
- Comfortable with numbers
- Presentation skills
- Good listening skills with an ability to produce clear reports
- Creative, problem solver, innovator
- Good at being able to influence others and run business meetings
Being part of our team:
- Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare.
- An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory
- diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Your cultural fit:
- Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work.
- We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
- We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business.
- We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
- We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow both personally and professionally, if you want to find out more and become a part of the Healthineers “family”, please apply with your CV and cover letter.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time