Organization: Siemens Industry Software GmbH
Department: Simulation & Test Solutions
Type: Full time / permanent
MEET US in 2 Minutes!
Join our team as “Software Engineer (m/f/d) CFD Solver Development” in Nürnberg, Germany.
Siemens Digital Industries Software is seeking software development professionals to contribute to our Flow/Energy/Species (FES) program. The primary focus of the FES program, a unit within our Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) division, is the development of core CFD capabilities within Siemens DI's flagship multi-physics simulation product, SimcenterSTAR-CCM+.
The FES program is responsible for developing accurate, robust and efficient flow solvers for modeling complex industrial flows, such as turbomachinery, external aerodynamics, and internal combustion engines. As a program member, you will be encouraged to contribute to both development of new features and maintenance of existing functionality. Your responsibility will be to ensure a well-designed, high-quality, robust implementation; efficient operation; and good scalability in our highly-parallel, client-server platform.
Your new area of responsibility - challenging and future-oriented
- Ensuring high-quality and robust implementation of core CFD solver components in Simcenter STAR-CCM+
- Supporting maintenance of our existing capability (bug fixing, code refactoring, etc.)
- Design and development of new features based on requests from both product management and internal strategic initiatives
- Participating in regularly scheduled team meetings and contributing ideas to drive innovation in our technology
- Supporting other developers through design discussion and code review.
Your qualifications - solid and adequate
- A Master’s or PhD degree in engineering or physical science discipline, ideally focusing on novel schemes for fast simulation Experience in commercial CFD software development
- Expertise in implementing numerical methods for solution of the Navier-Stokes equations Knowledge in numerical modeling of aerodynamic and hydrodynamic applications
- Object-oriented C++ software development Skills
- Expertise in high-fidelity and high-performance parallel CFD algorithms on heterogeneous architectures, including GPGPUs
- Knowledge in development of complex software applications using modern design patterns and principles
Ideally, you should also have experience in the following fields:
- Areas of physical science: thermodynamics, heat transfer, multiphase, or combustion
- Application of CFD methods: vehicle aerodynamics, internal combustion engines, turbomachinery
- Java programming
- Multi-team, collaborative software development including source control and collaborative design and code reviews
What more do I need to know?
PLM is unique from other enterprise software solutions because it drives top-line revenue from re-peatable processes. By providing the application depth and breadth needed to digitally author, validate and manage the detailed product and process data, PLM supports continuous innovation.
At Siemens Digital Industries Software we place a strong emphasis on ensuring that both women and men are equally recognized for their accomplishments and able to develop professionally – including during periods of higher demands in their personal lives. To this end, we have implemented various measures over the last few years to ensure compatibility between family and career.
This includes providing competitive salaries, a team-oriented working environment with a flat organizational structure, exciting and challenging projects for renowned clients and interesting career prospects. In addition, we offer a multitude of developmental opportunities and the possibility of taking advantage of our Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
How do I apply?
We look forward to your application in English. Please note that only complete application packages (including letter of motivation, CV and certificates) can be taken into account.
Your contact person is Marc Lerch, if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team.
In addition, you will find helpful information about careers at Siemens and have the possibility to set up an individual search agent who will automatically inform you about interesting vacancies.Siemens supports the Program “Job – Jobs ohne Barrieren” initiated by the Bundesministerium für Arbeit und Soziales. In cases of severe disability, applicants who are equally qualified will be given preferential consideration.
Organisation: Digital Industries
Unternehmen: Siemens Industry Software GmbH