The Application Support Engineer of Tecnomatix Application is responsible for assisting customers in the use of Siemens PLM Software Products (in special Tecnomatix, Robot, Process related technologies), working with development team, and monitor the resolution of key customer issues.
- Under minimal direction, you will analyze the customer’s question or problem, and provide a solution or a workaround that meets the customer’s needs when possible, in a timely manner.
- When working with development on a software product correction, Application Support Engineer of Tecnomatix is supposed to duplicate reported customer problems and provide explicit examples to development to allow them to reproduce any software issues that need to be fixed. As a support analyst, you will work with the customer via Desktop Sharing, telephone and email.
- A very important part of your job is that you would also be responsible for developing detailed and precise technical articles for publications, newsletters, and online customer self-help tools. You will proactively create technical articles containing information about best-practices, troubleshooting and usage optimization. You will collaborate with software experts in this task.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Fluent English, written and spoken, is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering (knowledge of production processes and ergonomics)
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer care skills
- Logical thinker with good analytical and problem-solving skills, be able to find non-traditional solutions to resolve customer issues
- Accurate writing and record keeping
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in Manufacturing using Tecnomatix Products
- Experience using software tools to simulate discrete events
- Ability to comprehend complex manufacturing routines, programming (OLP) and simulation of robots, and software concepts
- Good knowledge in Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Thorough knowledge of computer systems, i.e. application installation, use of email, and O/S experience
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Fluent or good Portuguese, written and spoken is important but not required
- Basic knowledge of PLC programming
- Knowledge of a programming language (object oriented) are useful, but not essential
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software, S.A. de C.V.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time