Siemens Rail Infrastructure
Our customers are infrastructure operators and mainline railways all around the world as well as industrial railways and public transport authorities in cities and megacities.
Our products and systems are used for automating our customers' operations management processes and thus make a considerable contribution to improving their economic situation in particular and mobility in general. We are looking for the best talent to shape the technology of the future. Come build your career in one of the best companies in the world!
The Business Excellence/Process Improvement Analyst plans, performs, and implements process improvement initiatives (such as Lean or Six Sigma). We're looking for you to organize, lead, and facilitate multi-functional project teams and develop performance indicators that provide data for process measurement, identifying root cause of problems.
- Perform time studies and line balancing using knowledge and skills.
- Execute continuous improvement idea projects with minimal supervision.
- Lead 5S Blitz Teams on a weekly basis to develop model cells.
- Maintain rolling action item list and ensure action items are completed.
- Assist and facilitate Kaizen events, as required.
- Provide training, as required, on lean principles and programs.
- Use AutoCAD to develop facility layout improvement scenarios and conduct ergonomic analyses of work spaces.
- Participate in lean analytical assessments.
- Communicate technical and complex concepts to ensure that they are well understood - will interact with Production Workers, Plant Managers and Operations Director.
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering or related field.
- 0-5 years experience working as a lean facilitator or Green Belt or related experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and AutoCAD.
- Experience with workspace layout, ergonomic studies, and lean manufacturing.
- Ability to work a professional work schedule with non-regular hours, as required.
- Visual and manual dexterity to perform daily computer functions.
- Build relationships and sell the importance of Business Excellence/Continuous Improvement - be both passionate and aggressive at how the work is approached.
- Ability to work in and around an office environment, but also be comfortable in 'rolling up your sleeves' on the production floor.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.